Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Would be ok with Mbemba going.. but only if it's a loan and we got him back for sure. Still believe he's the best defender we have currently :lol:

He isn't

That's the thing about opinions - they can be different!

Yours is wrong.

Would be ok with Mbemba going.. but only if it's a loan and we got him back for sure. Still believe he's the best defender we have currently :lol:

He isn't

Yours is wrong.

6629b52a3ad4f6a5f4e2421e4bfe0c48.png

Guest palnese

Mbemba for Townsend would be very good swap even if loan deals.  Dummett can play CB if we ever needed him there.

...and play Lazaar AND Yedlin at fullback? Dear God, think of the balance.

Guest neesy111

Mbemba for Townsend would be very good swap even if loan deals.  Dummett can play CB if we ever needed him there.

Gamez is fit.

Guest palnese

Gamez is fit.

Thank Christ. Can't play two attacking fulbacks ye knaa.

Gamez is fit.

:gayfight:

Genuinely forgot that Lazaar was part of our squad. Straight up swap Mbemba for Townsend

He isn't

Yours is wrong.

Nah, yours is.  See where this is going?

Guest neesy111

He isn't

Yours is wrong.

Nah, yours is.  See where this is going?

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/000/681/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Man, we'd have to take that swap, but I really like Mbemba, and I hate the idea of fat Sam getting his grubby paws on him.

As if Sam would play him :lol: I like Mbemba and think he's gotten a raw deal, but he's completely the opposite to what Allardyce looks for in a defender.

Sam would play him as a DM. I guarantee it.

This is my fear. And you just know he'd be awesome there, and we'll all be pissed off about it.

Sam has a history of this with both Abdoulaye Faye and Cheick Kouyate.

Do the loan and when palace go down we will keep Townsend and get Mbemba back. :frantic:

As Mr Burns rubs his hands together................

This is my fear. And you just know he'd be awesome there, and we'll all be pissed off about it.

You do realise this daft post implies Sam Allardyce is far more astute than Rafa Benitez?

This is my fear. And you just know he'd be awesome there, and we'll all be p*ssed off about it.

You do realise this daft post implies Sam Allardyce is far more astute than Rafa Benitez?

Hmmm ... I wouldn't say more astute. Just less adverse to putting players in positions they haven't necessarily featured much in previously. Don't think it's necessarily always a good thing either. He just tends to do it more. Even with Kirchoff last year, which worked out quite well, after he was tanking in central defence initially. The more cringe worthy examples of this kind of thing was him playing Samba upfront at times for aerial threat.

I'm not holding it against Rafa for not giving it a go. Hey, he prefers to play individuals in positions they have mostly played previously, and that makes perfect sense.

I just would hate to see Allardyce do it with Mbemba and have him shine in that position, only because I don't like to see fat Sam have success with anything. I want him to tank at everything, as that makes me very happy.

Clearly both players in question aren't getting a game for their teams. Swap them. We do need Townsend more than Mbemba in our play at the moment.

:thup:

I do like Mbemba and it's probably harsh to say Rafa has written him off, it's just Clark and Lascelles have formed a pretty solid partnership at the back and it would be daft to keep swapping CB's every other game. At the moment, Lascelles would be the one that would have to drop out if Mbemba came in and even though Rafa left him out at the start of the season, I can't see him dropping our captain for an extended period when he hasn't made that many glaring errors.

Good deal for both teams and both players imo.

Mbemba's been unlucky like. Had that stinker v Wolves and hasn't had a look in. I've personally been unconvinced by Lascelles this season. He's been an ok 6-7 out of 10 most games but I don't have the same faith as others in him. I'd like to see Clark & Mbemba for a run of games but Lascelles seems untouchable.

Yeah, I agree. I think Clark has bailed Lascelles out quite a few times this season and his lack of acceleration/pace is something opposition teams seem to have been targeting recently. Probably still done enough to warrant his place in the team but I do think his reading of the game needs to improve a bit so that he isn't beaten for pace as often (which I guess will come from game time).