Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deal being held up by Palace's insistence that we pay a loan fee on top of the £13 million in the summer according to Mr Ryder.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/what-holding-up-deal-andros-12528362

Can't blame them. They are negotiating from a position of strength.

It seems fair enough tbh. If we don't want to pay the loan fee we can always just do the permanent deal right now, assuming Townsend wants it.

Deal being held up by Palace's insistence that we pay a loan fee on top of the £13 million in the summer according to Mr Ryder.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/what-holding-up-deal-andros-12528362

If this is the case you can't blame the club for not budging. Townsend has been shit since going there but they are demanding more than what they played for him? Nee chance.

If this is the case you can't blame the club for not budging. Townsend has been shit since going there but they are demanding more than what they played for him? Nee chance.

I do he's as close as a guarantee to promotion as we will get imo

If this is the case you can't blame the club for not budging. Townsend has been s*** since going there but they are demanding more than what they played for him? Nee chance.

I do he's as close as a guarantee to promotion as we will get imo

I know what you're saying but I can understand the stance the club has taken too.

At this stage i'd be shocked if we don't get him. Brinksmanship on both ends, likely the same with McCarthy although he is much more likely to stay put.

Clubs will be holding out for the best deal until deadline end. Townsend obviously wants the move, the palace move has been a disaster and Sam doesn't seem to really rate him. They will absolutely make a loss come seasons end if they don't agree something now.

Townsend is in poor form and surplus to requirements at Crystal Palace. No way should they make a profit on him. Crystal Palace aren't in a position of strength. They're in the bottom 3 of the Premiership and fat Sam still hasn't won a game.

There's no guarantee Townsend will come back to NUFC and pick up where he left off.

Townsend is in poor form and surplus to requirements at Crystal Palace. No way should they make a profit on him. Crystal Palace aren't in a position of strength. They're in the bottom 3 of the Premiership and fat Sam still hasn't won a game.

There's no guarantee Townsend will come back to NUFC and pick up where he left off.

Silly PL football inflation must be accounted for though. It generally outweighs both form and age.

At this stage i'd be shocked if we don't get him. Brinksmanship on both ends, likely the same with McCarthy although he is much more likely to stay put.

Clubs will be holding out for the best deal until deadline end. Townsend obviously wants the move, the palace move has been a disaster and Sam doesn't seem to really rate him. They will absolutely make a loss come seasons end if they don't agree something now.

Yeah I think the deal will go through as well. I know it's tempting to think why don't we stop pissing about and just pay what it takes, but all clubs drive a hard bargain unless they are mugs. We aren't.

Yeah I think the deal will go through as well. I know it's tempting to think why don't we stop pissing about and just pay what it takes, but all clubs drive a hard bargain unless they are mugs. We aren't.

enhanced-13259-1424949187-17.jpg

This is the bit that annoys us as fans though. Say they want a loan fee of 1m or whatever and we decide to haggle over it. That 1m (which is peanuts these days), could be a clincher for our promotion should we pay it and sign Townsend.

I understand them want wanting to avoid wasting money but there is a time and a place.

Wonder how much of a loan fee would have to pay? What's the going rate, these days?

I think its just a case of them getting a replacement first and then we sign him on loan with a view to a permanent transfer.

I think its just a case of them getting a replacement first and then we sign him on loan with a view to a permanent transfer.

They've already got that by signing Schluup. Not to mention they have Sako, Zaha & Puncheon who can play out wide.

Exactly. If Palace were to lose Townsend they wouldn't need to replace him.

This.

We'll get him imo.