Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There was never much doubt Gayle was a good forward when we signed him though. You cannot really say that for Doumbia.

Aye and what I don't get is where the doubt comes from.  He had like 120+ career goals and 16 in the champions league (in a team from a "shit" league, no less).

The whole "hasnt done anything in a top league" stuff is BS for me, that's probably why. Not like the Russian premier league is the level of the conference.

Like has just been pointed out though it's all irrelevant in the end cause of the ridiculous "deal" that was made anyway

What about Rafa working with him for 2 months and not involving him in squads?

He played 29 minutes for us, it's almost impossible to judge him based on that.

Still, Rafa/McClaren were unable to play him as it was a "favour" signing and one that the club didn't want to trigger a permanent deal from.

Old and unfit probably. Rafa didn't have a lot of time to assess the squad with only 10 games to go. He went with the acclimatised young guns in Mitro and Perez instead.

Still, Rafa/McClaren were unable to play him as it was a "favour" signing and one that the club didn't want to trigger a permanent deal from.

What the fuck are you going on about, man? He's scored goals in poor leagues and completely failed to make an impression at a higher level. That tends to suggest what his level is.

I'm sure even if it meant the possibility of activating a clause then Rafa would have used him if he thought he was good enough to keep us up.

So , Andros Townsend then...

I'm just catching-up but can only imagine the above is relevant if we're heading to a kind of Mexican Soap Opera revelation that Townsend is in fact  Doumbia's love child conceived with some Cypriot chick whilst he was playing in a s*** league there under, his original name, in the early 90s. I'm on tenterhooks here, for the next plot twist; think I'll microwave some popcorn and wait to see if Doumbia was at Ominia and Nikos  Dabizas is actually Andros's  grandfather.  :happy1:

P.S. Anyone know if he's signing? No, not Doumbia...

Think Rafa is playing a dangerous game just to make Townsend a nufc player again. What bothers me is the risk in futher down the line losing a CB to injury or two CBs to injury which has happened before. Mbemba should be able to be recalled if so. I wouldnt want to go the rest of the season with only Hanley & youth players pushing for promotion.

Im also hoping last time Townsend was here he wasn't just over performing in a side that was in relegation form and underperformed week in week out

Hopefully it all works out well but its not like we are in desperate need for Townsend. Most of our ACN players due to return now we have left it this late in the window anyway?

Would definitely take Townsend back but I feel the need for a No 10 and decent central midfielder is far greater. Perez and Diame are just not good enough to play behind Gayle and as was proven in Shelvey's absence we look completely lost when he's not there to pull the strings.

Still think we'll have enough to go up but if Jonjo got injured I think it could be touch and go.

Schlupp's only out for one game. Must improve our chances ..

SA: Jeff's injury is not so bad as we thought. Maybe too early for Bournemouth, but certainly okay for Sunderland. Baky Sako's back as well.

Would definitely take Townsend back but I feel the need for a No 10 and decent central midfielder is far greater. Perez and Diame are just not good enough to play behind Gayle and as was proven in Shelvey's absence we look completely lost when he's not there to pull the strings.

Still think we'll have enough to go up but if Jonjo got injured I think it could be touch and go.

Diame is clearly good enough to play #10 in the championship

Guest neesy111

Diame was great in the period before Shelvey's ban (everyone was shit after that), if he continues in that form I cannot think of many better players we could bring in.

This.

Diame was great in the period before Shelvey's ban (everyone was shit after that), if he continues in that form I cannot think of many better players we could bring in.

He'd been poor prior to those few games though which raises the question of him getting himself into the groove for the AFCON.