Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't see why we would pay more for a player who is in worse form, a bit older and clearly not in a good headspace there.

Surely his return should be at a discount to whatever they paid for him?

Does he have a release clause in his contract with Palace like he did with us?

Can't see why we would pay more for a player who is in worse form, a bit older and clearly not in a good headspace there.

Surely his return should be at a discount to whatever they paid for him?

Does he have a release clause in his contract with Palace like he did with us?

SSN didn't say that outright but that's how it just sounded to me.

Aye let's pua hardball them for the sake of £2m.

Aye it's stupid given the amount of money in the game just pay it.

I actually think they got him for an artificially low price due the release clause so don't blame them for wanting more.

I actually think they got him for an artificially low price due the release clause so don't blame them for wanting more.

But i suppose our argument would when they bought him off us we didn't want to sell, and now only 5 months later don't want him and expect us to pay more for a player they don't want.

But i suppose our argument would be they did the same when hey bought him off us, and now only 5 months later don't want him and expect us to pay more for a player they don't want.

He had a release clause which is the only reason they got him for the price they did.

But i suppose our argument would be they did the same when hey bought him off us, and now only 5 months later don't want him and expect us to pay more for a player they don't want.

He had a release clause which is the only reason they got him for the price they did.

Very true, fwiw i think we'll get him now.

They want £2m loan fee and £13m on top of that to buy.  Let him stay at Palace.  There's no guarantee he will be able to replicate his form of last year anyway.

Given that he's playing against lower league teams in a system he was doing well in 6 months ago I think he will be fine.