Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yup. I think I've said it somewhere else - he's got a fair bit of talent but probably not enough brains to make the most of it. I think there are places where he'd be very successful, but he doesn't do what Poch needs in all-round play, so he's surplus to requirements. If you can get 10M+ for a local guy, who cost you nothing, who's surplus to requirements then yay. I'd be happy to keep him as an impact sub, but there are other kids coming through who can do that.

As for his real value - well let's say that I'd rather have him than Thauvin. I reckon we can get 14M for a young England international, given the ludicrous money out there. Rumour  has it that we've already got that from somewhere.

Been reading up on a couple of Spurs forums and they are pretty much in agreement with leffe. There seems to be an appreciation of some attributes like his pace and skills, but there is also the opinion that he doesn't make the right decisions when in dangerous positions. Not enough end product basically. Sounds a bit like Jonas but probably a level above since he couldn't cross or shoot for shit.

Plenty of their fans seem to think it's a mistake to let him go as well, the opinion being that he hasn't been given much of a chance (a bit like Thauvin).

I'd rather throw £14m at Stoke to see if we can entice Shawcross up here.

£14m should do it.  Stoke will be well up for it.  I'm sure one of the most highly rated centre backs in the league, will be keen to join a team in the bottom three  :lol:

guardian reckons interest is coming to an end.

Not fussed either way tbh. I think he might have done okay here, but not sure I want to pay more than £10m on a player who hasn't made it at Spurs. If Levy thinks he can get £14m for him good luck with that.

That Pete Graves reckons it's still on.

They want £14m, we've supposedly offered £10.5m. You would have thought at some point Levy would think they were getting close to a very reasonable deal for Spurs if it edges up towards £12m. They're cunts, we're cunts, no surprise we are squabbling down to the last penny.

Guest Roger Kint

That Pete Graves reckons it's still on.

They want £14m, we've supposedly offered £10.5m. You would have thought at some point Levy would think they were getting close to a very reasonable deal for Spurs if it edges up towards £12m. They're cunts, we're cunts, no surprise we are squabbling down to the last penny.

Difference is we surpassed reason when it went over £10m. madness to raise it when theres better around.