Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryder  :lol:

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 2m2 minutes ago

Sources at #nufc saying nothing agreed yet on Townsend #thfc

He loves doing that. For what it's worth Douglas (who is way more clued up) says the reports are premature.

Just looking over our transfer history from the past 3 years.

Townsend (£14m?), Mitrovic (£13m), Thauvin (£13m + £7m Cabella!), Shelvey (£12m), De Jong (£6m), Anita (£6m), Riviere (£5m), Ferreyra (£1.4m loan fee!), LDJ (£1.1m loan fee)

We've overspent massively on all them players in my opinion. Granted the 2 loan deals won't have broken the bank but what was the point in paying £1.4m for a player who was never going to make an appearance for the club and £1.1m for a player who was constantly played out of position?! For a chairman who is supposed to be frugal with his money he's wasted an canny load on absolute duds. £14m for Townsend just seems ridiculously overpriced for his goals/assists over recent seasons, we could pick up a better player for half the price :idiot2:

I'll take whoever we can get, to be honest.

We're in the relegation zone and still resorting to throwing Yoan Gouffran on. There's no way he can be worse.

We throw dross on the pitch due to our incompetent manager thinking they can somehow change the game.

And the fact there's no-one else. He's clearly decided Thauvin isn't worth it so it doesn't really leave anyone else.

Townsend (£14m?), Mitrovic (£13m), Thauvin (£13m + £7m Cabella!), Shelvey (£12m), De Jong (£6m), Anita (£6m), Riviere (£5m), Ferreyra (£1.4m loan fee!), LDJ (£1.1m loan fee)

We've overspent massively on all them players in my opinion. Granted the 2 loan deals won't have broken the bank but what was the point in paying £1.4m for a player who was never going to make an appearance for the club and £1.1m for a player who was constantly played out of position?! For a chairman who is supposed to be frugal with his money he's wasted an canny load on absolute duds. £14m for Townsend just seems ridiculously overpriced for his goals/assists over recent seasons, we could pick up a better player for half the price :idiot2:

Agree Ryan. There's nobody on that list that looks great value.

Could have had Payet, Ben Arfa or Ayew in the summer let's not forget

Well it isn't the summer anymore

Not really the point though is it? We went for Thauvin who the manager didn't want, and then the manager didn't play him. It happened under Pardew too, it's fucking stupid. We should have signed a winger the manager wanted first time around instead of scraping around the barrel in January when it goes tits up.

Decent competetion and cover for both wide spots and a better option than Thauvin or Gouffran off the bench. Not arsed about the fee at this point but if he's all we bring in then then we are still in deep trouble.

I don't care about the money, if they think he's worth buying then pay the asking price.

I do care that I don't think he's all that good though. And another £10m+ failure is only going to scare the club back to going after £4m nobodies.

Decent competetion and cover for both wide spots and a better option than Thauvin or Gouffran off the bench. Not arsed about the fee at this point but if he's all we bring in then then we are still in deep trouble.

Just like he will be on the bench  :lol:

What do you expect when our scouting network consists of a terrahawk and Alan Carrs pappy

No shit, my point is the club are fucking clueless and have no strategy or planning whatsoever when it comes to transfers.

They have a strategy, its just a shit one

No shit, my point is the club are fucking clueless and have no strategy or planning whatsoever when it comes to transfers.

What's that?

Can only be a good thing getting bodies in and he will give us options but as I said when it first came about, Townsend is not the answer to our problems. Without at least a goalscorer being added to the squad in the next week we may as well start planning for a promotion push now.

What's that?

Players under 26 who have shown significant promise at some stage in their career

What's that?

Players under 26 who have shown significant promise at some stage in their career

Townsend has never shown significant promise.

3 goals for England 1 of which was against San Marino hardly counts[emoji38]