Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't know if it's been posted, but he had a run-out for our U21s today.

If it's legit, seems a bit of a weird signing for you. He might be an upgrade on, say, Obertan, but you clearly have bigger issues. You've thrown a lot of money against the wall already - this would take you over 80M this summer/Jan according to Wiki - and you still have issues at the back and up front. How much more can you spend?

Not having a dig, I'm just genuinely confused. I don't really see what the plan is.

I don't think there is a plan - #panic

:idiot2: :'( :whatdidido:

If it's legit, seems a bit of a weird signing for you. He might be an upgrade on, say, Obertan, but you clearly have bigger issues. You've thrown a lot of money against the wall already - this would take you over 80M this summer/Jan according to Wiki - and you still have issues at the back and up front. How much more can you spend?

Not having a dig, I'm just genuinely confused. I don't really see what the plan is.

Don't worry neither do we, don't think anyone involved with the club knows the plan atm.

Guest firetotheworks

It doesn't make any sense to us either. That's not an uncommon thing for us these days though.

this is a good point, if rumours are to be believed they're willing to push our spending to near 100m this summer and january combined yet we've no decent cover in any positions at the back and fuckless cost us the game on saturday because we couldn't field a left back :lol:

williamson and taylor will leave in the summer for free so we'll need a new CB as an absolute minimum if we're in the division

Not rated him in the prem, but has looked like a decent player in Europa league and for England. There's a good winger in there, just not sure how good. Certainly don't think its 14mil good.

Perfect for us then.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6886191/Tottenham-transfer-news-Spurs-hope-to-snap-up-Victor-Wanyama-with-Andros-Townsend-going-the-other-way.html

SPURS are hoping to snap up Victor Wanyama — with Andros Townsend going the other way.

Tottenham have previously attempted to land the Southampton midfielder.

Now they are looking to complete a swap deal with winger Townsend being used as bait.

White Hart Lane chairman Daniel Levy has been playing hardball with Newcastle over Townsend and turned down an offer of £10million paid up front.

Spurs rate Townsend, 24, at £14m but the Saints last week entered the race — although Levy will only do business if they can get Wanyama in exchange.

North London rivals Arsenal also remain extremely interested in Kenyan ace Wanyama, 24, who has impressed since his £12.5m move from Celtic in July 2013.

England international Townsend has been frozen out by boss Mauricio Pochettino.

And initially he had his heart set on a switch to the North East before Southampton made their interest known.

I'm not too fussed about this, although I do think it makes our squad stronger, if only marginally.

What I do find strange though is how many people seem more concerned with Perez's career than with us staying up.

perez has scored 12 goals in the PL since he joined us less than 2 seasons ago, townsend has scored 5 his entire career at the top level so it sort of suggests that they're the same thing really

Two completely different players who play in completely different positions with dissimilar attributes. It's stupid that there's any sort of 'either or' component to this, especially relating to Perez.

relating to the point venkman made there we'd surely be better off with a guy who has scored more goals in the PL than a winger who doesn't really score or provide that many assists from what i can see

We looked good with Perez, Wijnaldum and Sissoko as the three behind Mitro with Shelvey and a DM anchoring.  Why not just buy another striker to take some of the pressure and reliance off Mitro and stick with that?

We have Thauvin to rotate in for Perez, SdJ for Wijnaldum if needed and, well, don't get injured, Moussa.  If we're going to spend another £14m we could get a pretty decent striker for that, shirley.

We looked good with Perez, Wijnaldum and Sissoko as the three behind Mitro with Shelvey and a DM anchoring.  Why not just buy another striker to take some of the pressure and reliance off Mitro and stick with that?

We have Thauvin to rotate in for Perez, SdJ for Wijnaldum if needed and, well, don't get injured, Moussa.  If we're going to spend another £14m we could get a pretty decent striker for that, shirley.

Completely agree. In fact, I'd rather we bought Berahino and loaned in Remy so we have two proven goal scores to start and to alleviate fear of either getting injured for rest of the season upon joining. Then Perez and Mitro can be rotated/subbed on when we are winning to get time or to change a game if it's not working.

Thauvin doesnt seem to be rated and SDJ is never fit tho..

Loki is right like, we've enough in the squad to not need Townsend as a priority signing. Plenty can fill in in those roles.

Loki is right like, we've enough in the squad to not need Townsend as a priority signing. Plenty can fill in in those roles.

Doesn't look as if they're going for either or though, looks like it's townsend plus a striker, as opposed to townsend instead of a striker.