Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

my only worry is how we manage to give perez, thauvin and Aarons gametime too....

If another striker comes im perez is 3 choice LW and forward? Thats wrong.

Hope we manage to survive relegation...imagine this squad being relegated...all the money spent :kasper:

Well hope we stay up and can bring proper balance to the squad in the summer.

Would it be the most expensive squad ever relegated? Surely.

Would be close in purely comparative terms (size of TV deal vs transfer outlay, inflation etc.) with when Leeds went down.

my only worry is how we manage to give perez, thauvin and Aarons gametime too....

If another striker comes im perez is 3 choice LW and forward? Thats wrong.

Hope we manage to survive relegation...imagine this squad being relegated...all the money spent :kasper:

Well hope we stay up and can bring proper balance to the squad in the summer.

In terms of proper quality and assuming Remy is the striker then we'd have four really good options to cover two (maybe three) positions.  Mitro, Townsend, Remy and Perez.  Remy and Perez can both play as striker or left inside forward with Mitro and Townsend playing striker and left winger.

Gives us a lot of options and different ways we can set up plus decent depth (for a change).

agree. its nice with options. but you did not mention Aarons, thauvin and De Jong. Getting the squad balance right (hopefully after survival) is a summer job! Lots of work to be done (players to sell)

Aarons I think is one for the future.  We can bring him off the bench or play him in the cups or send him out on loan.  SdJ we can maybe donate his body to science and Thauvin wants off (but he can cover for Sissoko until he goes).

Thauvin will be off. Aarons will continue to do whatever he's doing or loaned. SDJ will keep getting injured, Perez will be benched - score - then force his way back into the team.

"Nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all. The needle returns to the start of the track, and we all carry on like before..." OOh, came over all Del Amitri there for a moment.

Townsend strikes me as a bit of a confidence player who is at his best when he has the crowd behind him, good players supporting him and a clever coach who knows when to put an arm around him and when to give him a kick up the arse. 

So he's come to the right place, obviously.

You're not convinced a man with 10 caps for England is a better player than Obertan? Gabriel Obertan. It's literally impossible that he isn't.

Townsend 80 apps 6 goals 6 assists

Obertan 84 apps 4 goals 10 assists

Obertan is complete dog s*** obvs, but stats wise he's running him close like[emoji38]

Haha, wow. Stats!

Thomas Clements ‏@t_clements  1h1 hour ago

Andros Townsend deal OFF. Spurs winger has FAILED his medical this afternoon.

Trying to find out more as we speak.

#nufc #thfc

Twitter itk's ffs :lol:

He's a WUM, man. Always see ThreatLevel, TaylorandBesty etc RTing his "banter"

Thomas Clements ‏@t_clements  22m22 minutes ago

Sack McClaren if we lose to Sunderland today. No excuses. #nufc

Thomas Clements ‏@t_clements  1h1 hour ago

Andros Townsend deal OFF. Spurs winger has FAILED his medical this afternoon.

Trying to find out more as we speak.

#nufc #thfc

Twitter itk's ffs :lol:

Why post it then? :lol:

I don't think 4 new first team signings is going to help us improve dramatically at this point in the season. Essentially an entire new midfield needed to click.

Have you seen our first 6 months of the season? your point in invalid.

I don't think 4 new first team signings is going to help us improve dramatically at this point in the season. Essentially an entire new midfield needed to click.

Have you seen our first 6 months of the season? your point in invalid.

There's a change.

@lee_ryder  3m3 minutes ago

#nufc 's deal for Andros Townsend is done. But awaiting official confirmation and pics from the club

Darren Lewis

‏@MirrorDarren

Andros Townsend signs a five-year deal at Newcastle. More @MirrorFootball

I think the quality of the midfield has improved. But it's a whole new midfield in January. Difficult time to develop 'velocity' in Agile talk.

Yeah, it's definitely a risk, but leaving it the same was worse.

We already got one win against West Ham due to the changes. The midfield shake up was necessary, but without a genuine quality striker coming in it might not be enough.