C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

Getting beaten convincingly by a lower division side who could only name 4 subs and field a weakened team due to a squad virus a few weeks before the season starts... Pardew loves it.

Fyp

Sylvain Marveaux has singled out ex-Newcastle boss Alan Pardew as a major reason for his failure to be a success at the club.

Marveaux, who was signed by now Crystal Palace manager Pardew in 2011 from Ligue 1 outfit Rennes, believes that he had to work harder than everyone else to be noticed by the Englishman and his coaching staff.

The Frenchman finally ended his five-year spell on Tyneside this summer when his contract expired.

Speaking to French magazine France Football, the new Lorient signing rued Pardew’s long spell at St. James’ Park, which he believes had a detrimental effect on his career.

“There was no good feeling with the coach (Alan Pardew) who immediately chose other options before me,” the 30-year-old said. “I always had to do more, but it was never enough.

“I could not really show at Newcastle what I could do. The coach remained for a good time (2010-2015), and it was not in my favour.”

Marveaux, who plays predominantly as a left-winger, also revealed that his loan move to Guingamp during the 2014-15 season was purely because he didn’t want to work under the former West Ham manager.

“I always tried to stay positive and make the maximum impact,” Marveaux said. “At one time, my relationship with the coach was a little tough.

“So, I had to leave, that’s why I asked to go out on loan, which is when I joined Guingamp.”

Marveaux managed to make just 57 appearances in all competitions for the Magpies during his four year stint on Tyneside, making just 10 appearances in his first season.

However, the former France under-21 international is looking to reignite his career with Ligue 1 side Lorient.

“It’s not about revenge for me. I’m 30 years old, I just want to play.”

Meh. Pardew's a dick but this is no Ben Arfa situation, he was no great shakes.

I don't really see why anyone would want to give Pardew the benefit of the doubt. I00% behind Marveaux on this one, sorry.

Meh. Pardew's a dick but this is no Ben Arfa situation, he was no great shakes.

I don't really see why anyone would want to give Pardew the benefit of the doubt. I00% behind Marveaux on this one, sorry.

Benefit of the doubt on what? Again Pardew's a dick and probably didn't treat Marv well, but ultimately he just wasn't that great a player. It wasn't some great injustice that he wasn't starting every game like you could say for Ben Arfa, so the whole situation's a bit meh to me.

Yup, a psycho(socio)path never forgets, they hold real grudges...see Atam for further proof.

Always liked Marveaux but his injuries and lack of form/consistency has always marred him, from Rennes to Newcastle.

Was kept out the side when we were crying out for creativity.. finally came in when we had no-one else. Played well and then got dropped a few games later.

His injuries hampered his career but there is no doubt he would have contributed here if used when fit, which was a lot of the time. His technical skills and footballing brain was far superior to the majority of the squad, which was clear when he played. The majority of times he did get a chance he impressed me and looked different to any other player we had.

I agree with Marmoset in the fact he was no Ben Arfa, but he was clearly better than the majority of players in the team played ahead of him. Can't speak for his attitude in training or around the place but on the pitch more than not he delivered through the middle especially.

It's stuff like that that was irritating as fuck at the time though, 'shola :lol:

He's never looked like a player who should be starting for us with regularity but all of what he's said there was obvious as fuck at the time and massively annoying, it's why he was mentioned so much. He should have played more as our options were so thin; he was weak as piss but could actually pass a ball forwards.

"bit of magic" though, bring him on for 10 minutes then blame him for the defeat when he doesn't turn a defeat around and bench him for the next month.