C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

Poor Townsend will be playing left back in the new year, when the amazing alan has a brain wave.

He's so going to ruin another promising career isn't he ? It's amazing how the bloke is still in employment, those little runs of 3 or 4 wins always seem to save him and pull the wool over peoples eyes, his mismanagement of players is second to none.

Wonder if Townsend is MASSIVELY regretting his decision yet then?

I have no doubt he will next season if we go up, in fact I would not be shocked in the slightest if he's back in a Necastle shirt come the start of 2017/18.

Wonder if Townsend is MASSIVELY regretting his decision yet then?

I have no doubt he will next season if we go up, in fact I would not be shocked in the slightest if he's back in a Necastle shirt come the start of 2017/18.

I hope we don't buy him, he had his chance.

Poor Townsend will be playing left back in the new year, when the amazing alan has a brain wave.

He's so going to ruin another promising career isn't he ? It's amazing how the bloke is still in employment, those little runs of 3 or 4 wins always seem to save him and pull the wool over peoples eyes, his mismanagement of players is second to none.

Aye, he always gets little runs that keep his head above water and people seem to ignore or forget about his massive losing streaks. :lol:

the interviewer asked why he left Townsend on the bench then?

"Well - Andros wants to play on the right but I have got Wilf playing well there so I am going to have to look at that"!

Doubly delicious.

Could've been tearing up the division here and learning from Benitez instead. Idiot

Don't blame Townsend for wanting to get back into the premiership to help his England aspirations, but Palace and Pardew or us and Rafa? He deserves all he gets from that choice, he only had to ask ffs.

That is skewed logic IMO. Rather than worry about which club he plays for, maybe he should care more about playing 90 minutes week in week out and improving himself as a footballer, so that, not only does he get an England call-up, but be one of the first names on an England team sheet. Imagine moving to Crystal Palace for ambition. Fuck off :lol:

Thing is, if you're in the Championship it doesn't matter how many minutes or how well you're playing. Is Shelvey going to get called up this season? Of course he had to leave if he wanted to play for England immediately.

Why?

Plenty other players have played for England over the years while playing in the 2nd tier.

Trevor Brooking and Steve Bull are 2 that come instantly to mind.

Thing is, if you're in the Championship it doesn't matter how many minutes or how well you're playing. Is Shelvey going to get called up this season? Of course he had to leave if he wanted to play for England immediately.

Why?

Plenty other players have played for England over the years while playing in the 2nd tier.

Trevor Brooking and Steve Bull are 2 that come instantly to mind.

:lol: :lol:

Townsend hasn't been selected again because he's at Palace instead of us.

Well, he has. At the level of he's now playing in the PL and before he wasn't. Obviously if we had stayed up this wouldn't apply.

He was picked for the squad when he was with us and narrowly missed out on the Euros. He'd have been picked again whether he was at Palace or not, nothing to suggest otherwise.

England managers overlooking the Championship happens but Townsend was hardly a 'Championship player', he'd have been down here at most a year and is known by just about everyone in the country. It's not like Lewis Dunk or Tammy Abraham who'll be completely ignored until they get into the Premiership.

The list of lower league players picked to play for England in recent years is very small. There's been a fair few goalkeepers have made squads but of the outfield players to have been picked, most got a couple of caps at most - Zaha, Nugent, Bothroyd. I think they're the last three, and before Nugent in 2007, you have to go back to Mackem Gray in 1999.