C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

http://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-and-losers-43

Alan Pardew’s pride before a fall

“When people ask me about England… well, if I was still at Newcastle, I’d be pretty keen on that England job,” said Pardew last week in an excellent interview with Dominic Fifield of the Guardian. “But, with all this here, I’m left thinking: ‘Why would I really want to leave this club now?’”

The problem is that nobody really was asking about England, Alan. I’ve spoken to a few people who claim that Pardew was furious not be considered in the discussion when Sam Allardyce was appointed, and Pardew again missed out when Allardyce fell on a sword created entirely of greed.

The accusation labelled at Pardew is now ingrained. He is a sunshine manager, capable of taking his teams on fine runs of form but ineffective when the grey clouds gather. For all his talk of “a ship steaming in the right direction”, Pardew is capable too of clipping the icebergs. Elsewhere in that interview, Pardew talked of European qualification, a mistake he made at around the same time last season when touting Palace for a top-six place. Does he just get carried away and take his eye off the ball?

Pardew was permitted to spend over £50m this summer, more than double the club’s record spend in any transfer window. The arrival of Christian Benteke (and investment in fees and wages on James Tomkins, Andros Townsend and Steve Mandanda) should provide enough quality to see a mid-table finish as the minimum expectation.

Yet Palace’s run of form simply doesn’t stack up to Pardew’s loftier ambitions. Their last 30 league games under his management have returned a measly 24 points, ten months of significant underachievement. Over the last 38 games, they sit bottom of the ever-present Premier League clubs. Yes, below Sunderland.

The list of clubs Palace have beaten in that miserable run is its most alarming feature: Stoke (2), Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Norwich. The last time Pardew won a league game against a club currently in the Premier League’s top 15 was on December 12, 2015. That’s really not something he should be shouting about.

http://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-and-losers-43

Alan Pardew’s pride before a fall

“When people ask me about England… well, if I was still at Newcastle, I’d be pretty keen on that England job,” said Pardew last week in an excellent interview with Dominic Fifield of the Guardian. “But, with all this here, I’m left thinking: ‘Why would I really want to leave this club now?’”

The problem is that nobody really was asking about England, Alan. I’ve spoken to a few people who claim that Pardew was furious not be considered in the discussion when Sam Allardyce was appointed, and Pardew again missed out when Allardyce fell on a sword created entirely of greed.

The accusation labelled at Pardew is now ingrained. He is a sunshine manager, capable of taking his teams on fine runs of form but ineffective when the grey clouds gather. For all his talk of “a ship steaming in the right direction”, Pardew is capable too of clipping the icebergs. Elsewhere in that interview, Pardew talked of European qualification, a mistake he made at around the same time last season when touting Palace for a top-six place. Does he just get carried away and take his eye off the ball?

Pardew was permitted to spend over £50m this summer, more than double the club’s record spend in any transfer window. The arrival of Christian Benteke (and investment in fees and wages on James Tomkins, Andros Townsend and Steve Mandanda) should provide enough quality to see a mid-table finish as the minimum expectation.

Yet Palace’s run of form simply doesn’t stack up to Pardew’s loftier ambitions. Their last 30 league games under his management have returned a measly 24 points, ten months of significant underachievement. Over the last 38 games, they sit bottom of the ever-present Premier League clubs. Yes, below Sunderland.

The list of clubs Palace have beaten in that miserable run is its most alarming feature: Stoke (2), Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Norwich. The last time Pardew won a league game against a club currently in the Premier League’s top 15 was on December 12, 2015. That’s really not something he should be shouting about.

Brilliant.

More please.

It's pretty funny like. It's very apparent his ego strings him along in the belief he'll successfully manage an elite club but he had the closest chance and blew it and the thought it'll never happen kills him. He saw newcastle as a means to England/top prem clearly after being desperately scooped from nowhere.

Guest firetotheworks
:lol: I like that he and his chumps specifically choose the things that he definitely isn't and claim that he is. Next week; Allardyce on how he inspired tika-taka.