Cliffy Ahmed RIP

Crumpy Gunt

Oh wow, been reading the thread since yesterday but having seen the photos now realise I used to see him all the time. He lived around South Shields, no?

Always had the kit on.

Oh wow, been reading the thread since yesterday but having seen the photos now realise I used to see him all the time. He lived around South Shields, no?

Always had the kit on.

Last time I saw him was in South Shields whilst on a bike ride with Neesy after not long bumping into Heza a few minutes earlier. Yes he had his Toon top on as per :lol:

Hi, Just seen on Facebook that a family friend of Cliffy's is setting up a fund for giving him a decent send off.

Like many he was a familiar face over the years more good than bad.

RIP

Here's the link to it.

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/chris-wood-5

Done, hopefully the target is reached, I'm sure it will be. Very sad news this as although I didn't know Cliffy very well he was one of the true characters that you'd always see when travelling to watch NUFC. Stopped going a while back so the last time I seen him was on the ferry back from Amsterdam after Bruges away and Cliffy was telling me about how he fell over after a few too many drinks, his face was in a bad way but he found it funny. R.I.P.

I think I saw him at Brugge away.  I was sat right near him on the bus for sunderland away one year and I didn't understand everything he said.  I just kind of nodded with approval and tried to piece together enough words, to get the gist of what he was saying.  Seen him at numerous home and aways, as well.

RIP Cliffy.

Oh and I pledged a bit.  Hopefully he gets a good send off.