Seydou Doumbia

sempuki

Looks all right on YT.

With the crazy change to our tactics last week, I worry whether we can make something work when introducing Townsend and a completely different type of striker. We played well against West Ham and there were positives to build on. It seemed like they were all sacrificed for the LB situation.

doesn't seem owt flash from his goal scoring stats.

His goalscoring stats are the one thing that sticks out about him. Other than the brief time at Rome. Averages a goal around every 110 minutes I read.

Talking of that people keep talking about how badly he did at Roma. In the 13 games he played, 4 of those appearances were 8 minutes or less. Another 3 were under 24 minutes. So basically 2 goals in 6 normal games. Ignoring that one of those he also played right wing apparently.

Context is important if you're going off about stats. Doesnt sound like hes had much of a chance there atall & his champions league record against top sides looks superb to me.

I've followed Doumbia's career at CSKA over the years. He's very similar to Cisse - an erratic poacher but with even less imposing physique (it's possible). A more composed finisher though.

More importantly, they share a similar decline path in their career. Doumbia had an identical Pele-like start to in CSKA, scoring all sorts of wonder goals but gradually his physical form has declined so much that maybe he really is 40.

The Russian League is of pathetic standard considering the huge money in it. There's so little flair and genuine football creativity that most games are barely watchable. The defending is also notoriously comical. And of course there's a lot of corruption and match-fixing. Doumbia's goals to games ratio looks impressive but it's more of an indication of CSKA's domination in the league over the last 5 years.

I have no idea why Roma signed him at the time. They have a very strange FM adhoc transfer policy lately. He signed on deadline day after a season riddled with injuries - a complete shot in dark. It would be the same if he signs for us. Of course, if he's motivated he can be an asset but I can't see it. I actually rate Gomis and even Cisse as better options for the poacher role.

doesn't seem owt flash from his goal scoring stats.

His goalscoring stats are the one thing that sticks out about him. Other than the brief time at Rome. Averages a goal around every 110 minutes I read.

Talking of that people keep talking about how badly he did at Roma. In the 13 games he played, 4 of those appearances were 8 minutes or less. Another 3 were under 24 minutes. So basically 2 goals in 6 normal games. Ignoring that one of those he also played right wing apparently.

Context is important if you're going off about stats. Doesnt sound like hes had much of a chance there atall & his champions league record against top sides looks superb to me.

The same sort of arguments Marseille fans could be making in Thauvin's favour about now?

Can someone pull up his whoscored.com breakdown. Gives a good description of him. Can't manage it from my tablet at the minute.

Dunno what you're after but

http://i.imgur.com/1LUcVcw.png

http://i.imgur.com/RksfQqd.png

Not having the comparison to Cisse physically at all. You will be proved wrong.

Far more pacy, athletic and strong. He is a good signing and we will all see it for ourselves soon enough.

I think he has declined a lot. Have you seen him for Roma? He played like he's afraid to over-stretch. Much like Duff and Owen were for us.

Still, can't say I'd be unhappy if we signed him on loan. He's an experienced goal scorer after all. Hopefully, he'll take the chance to restart his career here.