Seydou Doumbia

sempuki

Cannot understand why people see this as a bad deal. It's a loan so seems like low risk - high reward kind of deal. If the starts scoring, great, if not then he goes back. Seems like a plan B anyway with Remy and Berahino not coming

We are gonna create a lot more chances now with Townsend and Shelvey. Attacking left back would be the last piece.

I agree with this apart from the Townsend part, partly because I think hes crap and the other part is he has no record of creating these chances you speak of.

He's got a career scoring record better than 1 in 2, that's pretty impressive tbh.

Can't say I've seen much of him but if he's quick and knows where the goal is he would immediately be our best striking option imo.

We're crying out for a forward with some pace to stretch opposition defences, alongside Townsend and Sissoko as well this will make a big difference creating space for Gini to run into as well as increasing our options for Shelvey to pass to.

Much rather we went for him than Gomis, I'm prepared to give him a chance and I'm happy that we're bringing him on.

Am I allowed to say that on here at the moment or not?  :undecided:

People will agree with you until he has a poor game, then he'll be worse than Shola.

;)

Cannot understand why people see this as a bad deal. It's a loan so seems like low risk - high reward kind of deal. If the starts scoring, great, if not then he goes back. Seems like a plan B anyway with Remy and Berahino not coming

We are gonna create a lot more chances now with Townsend and Shelvey. Attacking left back would be the last piece.

I agree with this apart from the Townsend part, partly because I think hes crap and the other part is he has no record of creating these chances you speak of.

Townsend still probably is (and has to be) better than Thauvin has been this season.

I am not saying Townsend is gonna be assisting loads of goals, but just because we are gonna be threat on both sides are gonna make us harder to defend against. Doumbia seems like a tricky and pacey striker, which we really haven't had in a while.

Townsend still probably is (and has to be) better than Thauvin has been this season.

I am not saying Townsend is gonna be assisting loads of goals, but just because we are gonna be threat on both sides are gonna make us harder to defend against. Doumbia seems like a tricky and pacey striker, which we really haven't had in a while.

Thauvin didn't play so comparing how he performed against someone who didn't start isn't relevant.

Given Perez will most likely make way for Townsend we should compare those two.

Thauvin didn't play so comparing how he performed against someone who didn't start isn't relevant.

Given Perez will most likely make way for Townsend we should compare those two.

Yea, Perez will probably make way, if Townsend is going straight to starting XI, which we dont know. Perez is good going forward, but has faded a bit recently. Does Steve see him more of a striker/second striker?

But at least we are having a some competition for places, its not good for Mitro or Perez to be starting every week when there is no one to take your place. A bit like Colo has been playing for few seasons now..

I don't know the greatest amount about this guy, but he has a decent record, and from what people have said his main attribute is pace, which is something we've lacked for a while. I'd rather someone like Remy, but I'm willing to give this guy a go, I hope he can come in and hit the ground running.

I don't know the greatest amount about this guy, but he has a decent record, and from what people have said his main attribute is pace, which is something we've lacked for a while. I'd rather someone like Remy, but I'm willing to give this guy a go, I hope he can come in and hit the ground running.

My biggest worry regarding that, is the fact that the Russian league is in the middle of its 3-month winter break, so dunno what kind of form he will be in.

My biggest worry regarding that, is the fact that the Russian league is in the middle of its 3-month winter break, so dunno what kind of form he will be in.

I thought he was at Roma currently?

Amazing how quickly they can do things when their asset/business is going under...but barely lift  figure to improve when it's sitting in 10th place in the league. 

None of this cash would have been spent if we'd been sitting on 30th.  Counts the lot of them.

Wiki says he's been on loan in Russia since the summer.

Wiki says he's been on loan in Russia since the summer.

Ah ok, so he won't be vaguely match fit :lol:

I'm not partciularly excited by this signing. The Russian league isn't absolutely terrible, so I'm hoping him flopping at Roma was down to bad luck rather than ability. Still don't get why we didn't focus on Remy.

I think we always assumed Remy was the failsafe when our attempts for Lacazette and Berahino (predictably) failed. Then Remy chose a much better option in Leicester and we are now scrambling around like idiots.

Nothing ever changes.  Going for Berahino would be the safer bet - they just need to stump up the asking price.