Seydou Doumbia

sempuki

I think we always assumed Remy was the failsafe when our attempts for Lacazette and Berahino (predictably) failed. Then Remy chose a much better option in Leicester and we are now scrambling around like idiots.

Nothing ever changes.  Going for Berahino would be the safer bet - they just need to stump up the asking price.

Berahino isnt worth £25m though, not even close. 3 in 18 this season. 5 in 32 two seasons ago. Sure he got 14 last season, 4 of which were pens

I don't know how anyone can assume a stroppy brat like Berahino is a safer option looking at this guy's champions league record tbh. It hardly screams panic buy

One is a proven premier league scorer and the other isn't?

He's had one season of scoring. We've got someone who already proves that doesn't guarantee you goals.

I don't know how anyone can assume a stroppy brat like Berahino is a safer option looking at this guy's champions league record tbh. It hardly screams panic buy

Proven Premier League scorer? One good season makes you that?

I think in the circumstances he's the 2nd best of the 4 behind Remy. Gomis is around the same level as and has similar attributes to Mitrovic, Berahino is an overrated pole greaser. He'd think he was bigger than the club the moment he scored two goals in a game or reached double figures. He's worth £15-18m, tops. Remy's better than Doumbia but really, really doesn't want to play for us. I've seen Doumbia play against Bayern twice, he's good enough.

More than Doumbia sure. (in terms of premier league proven)

I think in the circumstances he's the 2nd best of the 4 behind Remy. Gomis is around the same level as and has similar attributes to Mitrovic, Berahino is an overrated pole greaser. He'd think he was bigger than the club the moment he scored two goals in a game or reached double figures. He's worth £15-18m, tops. Remy's better than Doumbia but really, really doesn't want to play for us. I've seen Doumbia play against Bayern twice, he's good enough.

That all sounds fucking shit.

Aye, but it doesn't make him a proven Premier League scorer anyway.

Aye, but it doesn't make him a proven Premier League scorer anyway.

Point I was making is Doumbia is more of a gamble.

Don't get me wrong either, I'm more than happy to give him a chance, on paper he seems a better alternative to Gomis and gives us something we seemingly lack.

He looks a decent loan signing to me. He seems to have pace and strength so the Premiership should suit him.

Berahino has talent of course, but if he came here right now as a big money signing, there would be a lot of responsibility on his shoulders, given the fee and our situation. For me, there's a risk that he might not be able to deal with it.

If we're still up, maybe look again in the summer.