Saido Berahino stays at West Brom

TK-421

Not going to lie, it's kind of fun being involved in one of deadline day's biggest stories. Hope it ends well - think he could do really well here.

Also, if it's true they don't want to sell to us it really shows West Brom's level of ambition and belief - they are currently closer to Stoke than we are to them.

He'll end up at spurs

My guess is not. He'll end up still their as we'll have the best bid and the player would move but they'd not  sell to us as we are a relegation contender. If we were 12pts better off they'd sell but then again would we be buying ?

He'll end up at spurs

My guess is not. He'll end up still their as we'll have the best bid and the player would move but they'd not  sell to us as we are a relegation contender. If we were 12pts better off they'd sell but then again would we be buying ?

it's an interesting stance from WBA like, some people seem to be under the impression his value will maintain or increase during the summer but with a year left i just don't see it personally, regardless of the TV deal

they're barely using him in the league so unless that changes not selling him is a spite thing and nothing more as they're preventing themselves from using the money to strengthen on the pitch, where they're not exactly thriving atm

if they stay up, get £10-15m for him and bank the new TV deal money then  no-one cares but if they keep him, don't use him and go down it becomes a very, very poor tactic from WBA

not that i think they will go down mind

I can see where they are coming from in the sense of not wanting too strengthen us, however £21m is a lot of money for someone you don't play and if I was them I would accept our offer in the morning and use the rest of the day bringing in someone like Dembele or Rhodes who have seen their deals to other clubs fall apart but decent fee's for them already agreed.

I think WBA want to sell, there is no other reason as to why he played for the first time in months the other day other than being out in the shop window.

They'll sell but Peace is only selling right at the end to make sure Pulis can't waste the cash by signing shit players that his agent represents.

yeah that secret footballer was incredible if that's what actually happens, pulis will be fucking livid and presumably on his bike sharpish if that's his relationship with peace :lol:

Its another Wayne Rooney from Everton scenario.  Berahino will end up at Spurs because thats where he wants to go and Spurs know that, so they will simply outbid us by a few quid every time we submit an improved offer i.e we bid £25m they bid £25m and £5.00.  Also Berahino knows he will get England exposure playing alongside Kane and Alli at Spurs so its only natural that Spurs are his forst choice.  All we can offer is a cracking night life and a bucket of dosh ...oh yes and all the SD gear he can wave a stick at.

Its another Wayne Rooney from Everton scenario.  Berahino will end up at Spurs because thats where he wants to go and Spurs know that, so they will simply outbid us by a few quid every time we submit an improved offer i.e we bid £25m they bid £25m and £5.00.  Also Berahino knows he will get England exposure playing alongside Kane and Alli at Spurs so its only natural that Spurs are his forst choice.  All we can offer is a cracking night life and a bucket of dosh ...oh yes and all the SD gear he can wave a stick at.

Apparently Spurs don't want to spend so much on him. We shall see.

Not sure how I feel.  I usually just ignore deadline day and always hated all the hype.  Jim White carrying on like a loon, loads of reporters stood outside training grounds, trying to talk up any little rumour.  Odemwingie turning up at QPR and getting locked out :lol:  It used to do my head in. 

Now we're involved.  I'm pretty intrigued.  I'm sure it will be a massive let down and we'll just sign Doumbia.  Wouldn't be a terrible window if that were the case.  So I'm just going to lower my expectations to that, to avoid disappointment.

Nothing like a good old transfer SAGA!!1

I can not see him ending up here mind, but i would not be angry if we bid 25m for him, just to test WBA.

I could not care less if its 20, 23 or 25m, we just have to go crazy now as Mike is desperate. It will not last long.

Berahino staying at the Baggies?

West Brom

Mikey Burrows

BBC WM Sport

Posted at 08:32

"We understand West Brom still hope to keep Saido Berahino regardless of how much Newcastle or Tottenham offer today. Jeremy Peace is a tough negotiator, as he proved back in August, and sources are suggesting he’s unlikely to sell to a potential rival anyway.

"Albion do hope to bring in Alex Pritchard on loan from Spurs, and would listen to offers for defenders Cristian Gamboa and Sebastien Pocognoli."