Saido Berahino stays at West Brom

TK-421

Guest Roger Kint

Sky Sports News really need to stop using Football Manager stats it's embarrassing.

And trying to suggest its based on Sky scouts too :lol:

Fair enough West Brom not wanting to sell to a fellow relegation rival, but they are saying West Brom believe they will get just as much for him next summer.  I've got news for Jeremy Pearce.  No one will pay £20m to £30m for a player in the summer who is in the last year of his contract and who can be bought for peanuts in the following January transfer window, or even nothing the following summer.  Charlie Austin £15m last summer anyone?....£4m the following January.

West Brom will be lucky to get around £12m for Berahino next summer and if no one takes a punt he will probably sit out the last year of his contract and get a bumper payday on a free transfer.

Still thats their perogative.  In my opinion, if they had sold Berahino at the start of the transfer window they could have brought in the likes of Remy and Austin who would have scored the goals to keep them in the EPL and still had money left over, but hey, Jeremy Pearce is the hard nosed businessman... what do I know!!

was reading they're confident of getting at least £10m compo if he leaves for nowt

Keith Downie SSN: WBA haven't even bothered answering yesterday's bid by email.

Funny how sky seem to know about who hasn't 'reply to all'.

Bollocks. Hes waiting for an auction to happen. If he doesn't sell just before the deadline at this price he's absolutely mental

Bollocks. Hes waiting for an auction to happen. If he doesn't sell just before the deadline at this price he's absolutely mental

i agree, berhaino is going today like, peace is a fucking madman if he doesnt sell a player who isnt being played and has 18 months left on his deal for money like this.

I guess money is less important to all PL clubs now, Sky money alone is enough to turn a profit. So transfers can be more strategic and based on what benefits your league position. Nobody has to sell anymore.

It's all context. Player fees that look high are going to be the norm in the next few seasons. Which is why you are getting survival shoe ins like spurs selling their cast offs at 'high' prices

i agree, berhaino is going today like, peace is a f***ing madman if he doesnt sell a player who isnt being played and has 18 months left on his deal for money like this.

Why would he care?  TV money more than covers it, also they'll get similar offers in the summer.

i agree, berhaino is going today like, peace is a f***ing madman if he doesnt sell a player who isnt being played and has 18 months left on his deal for money like this.

Why would he care?  TV money more than covers it, also they'll get similar offers in the summer.

TV money or TV money + 20-odd million? I don't care how much you earn from TV money that's still a huge chunk to cut your nose off at.

TV money or TV money + 20-odd million? I don't care how much you earn from TV money that's still a huge chunk to cut your nose off at.

Either way, the difference in transfer fees offered between now and the summer will be minimal at best.

http://i.imgur.com/OxxhfYU.png

:lol: The world has gone mad.

Ayoze will probably get dropped though...

Well, sometimes you just have to take stats like those on face value. I don't know how many goals fifteen finishing gets you, but it doesn't sound enough for us right now.

http://i.imgur.com/OxxhfYU.png

:lol: The world has gone mad.

Ayoze will probably get dropped though...

Well, sometimes you just have to take stats like those on face value. I don't know how many goals fifteen finishing gets you, but it doesn't sound enough for us right now.

Those stats are from a computer game.

I mean, if they definitely weren't going to sell to us it would be over by now, surely? No matter how much of a Peace he is, seems weird to keep a really valuable player you aren't using.

Very strange that they haven't responded at all to our offer yet as well.  Might be wishful thinking but could it be that Peace will sell at that price but won't do so until nearer the deadline so there's no time for Pulis to ask him for the cash to spend?  If he rejects it now we might move on, but if he doesn't respond at all we'll wait (for how long who knows) and he can come back closer to the deadline and accept it claiming it had to be considered by the board for a while.  Also we may even increase the offer in the mean time, so its win win for him.

Its more than likely that he isnt responding in order to keep us hanging on until later on this evening, which then leaves us no time to bring in one of our other targets, thereby making it likely we wont be able to score the goals to keep us up, which in turn goes quite some way to helping preserve West broms EPL status.  He's a devious one this Pearce is......