Saido Berahino stays at West Brom

TK-421

:lol: quite a few people were commenting on his Beyonce arse.  He's not exactly in great shape.  Compare him to Townsend, who has been in a similar position and it looks a bit poor from Berahino. 

Fat kid with a bad attitude...like i said about 3 weeks ago.

Aye a fat arse is for life, not just for Christmas. Something a lot of people forget about fat arses in my experience.

Obviously not, but I mean he might not have had the explosive impact we needed to help us avoid the drop between now and May. If he had given us that performance on his home debut, I'd say for 20 odd million, most would have been massively underwhelmed. There's no doubting he's a very talented striker, but maybe things worked out in our favor not getting him in January.

I'd rather have had him tbh, think it's pretty short termist to think otherwise unless you don't really rate him. Reckon January was our best chance of getting him and it's gone now.

Maybe. It's all ifs and buts (pun intended), and he might have fired us up the league after getting an injection of motivation to play for a new club etc... we can never really know. He was massively disappointing in that half though, and even though you can't judge a player based one on isolated half of football, it's just my gut feeling that we dodged a bullet in the context of it being January, and us desperately needing goals to stay up. Long term though aye, he's the kind of player we should be aiming to buy outright and not fuck about.

They warn potential suiters that Berahino's value will not drop even in the final months of his contract....  I see....  I wonder how much he will be worth when he is completely out of contract and free to walk away....

I believe players can start to negotiate a deal with potential new clubs once their existing contract is inside the final 6 months, is that right?

All the player has to do is sit tight, carry on getting paid, and then he can go to any club that makes him a suitable offer once his contract with West Brom is fulfilled....

Idiots!

• 4 weeks later...