Newcastle United 1-0 West Bromwich Albion - Post-match reaction from page 33

Disco

Guest Howaythetoon

Considering our dominance, chances and possession and just how shite WBA are, its worrying that we could only get the one goal. McClaren's sides have a history of being low scoring teams...

Considering our dominance, chances and possession and just how shite WBA are, its worrying that we could only get the one goal. McClaren's sides have a history of being low scoring teams...

I don't see how anyone can blame McClaren for our players spurning chances. We had 19 shots. You'd expect your players to convert at least a couple of chances.

Mitrovic should have scored his earlier chance (class save tbf). Tiotes goal was perhaps harshly disallowed, and Winni should have scored that header second half. Cannot blame mcclaren for only 1-0, but you could blame to backroom staff for not getting us a more proven finisher.

Mitrovic should have scored his earlier chance (class save tbf). Tiotes goal was perhaps harshly disallowed, and Winni should have scored that header second half. Cannot blame mcclaren for only 1-0, but you could blame to backroom staff for not getting us a more proven finisher.

Big miss from Sissoko as well.

Guest palnese

Don't agree at all. Offside all day long.

The argument is wether he was in line of Foster's vision. Pretty clear he was offside.

The argument is wether he was in line of Foster's vision. Pretty clear he was offside.

:thup: also the linesman seemed to change his mind, as he did not flag at the time of the goal.

:thup: also the linesman seemed to change his mind, as he did not flag at the time of the goal.

No he didnt man :lol:

I think he just wanted to talk to the ref about it rather than change his mind, most likely he needed to consult the referee to know if Mitrovic was actually in the 'keepers line of vision as it would be impossible to tell from where he was.

He didn't "change his mind", he obviously realised Mitro's position, but would not have known whether to call it or not as the question  whether he was in the way lied with the ref.

Hence the discussion between the two.

Typically a linesman wouldn't flag if the player in question didn't touch the ball or didn't motion towards it.

Can't get over how bad WBA were - can someone who has seen them more than me this season explain how they're not in the relegation zone?

Exactly what I was thinking. I can't remember a worse side at SJP.

Even Norwich matched us for 50/60 minutes. I can barely remember West Brom winning a game this season, never mind going on a vaguely decentish run of form. How are they not in the bottom 3 or 4?!

Can't get over how bad WBA were - can someone who has seen them more than me this season explain how they're not in the relegation zone?

Even Norwich matched us for 50/60 minutes. I can barely remember West Brom winning a game this season, never mind going on a vaguely decentish run of form. How are they not in the bottom 3 or 4?!

Think people are forgetting that a few weeks ago West Brom totally dominated us also remember.

West Ham were similarly bad in our last game last season, but they were on their holidays and Allardyce knew he was getting the push. This WBA team were similarly disinterested in early February.

Enjoyed the game.  The atmosphere was better than I was expecting, the tactics were far better to watch than previous season and we have quite a few players who I was watching live for the first time, who impressed me.  Hard to analyse, though.  Just to repeat what everyone else is saying.  WBA were absolutely awful and it is hard to gauge where we're at because of this.  Darren Fletcher was playing as a no.10 in the first half  :kasper:

I don't feel like I suddenly want to start going again, or that I'm getting another season ticket.  But I did enjoy it a lot more than I thought I was going to and based on this game alone, it was a far cry from a lot of the shit we served up under Pardew. 

Think people are forgetting that a few weeks ago West Brom totally dominated us also remember.

Was that in the game where Dummett hit the post with a header from a corner at 0-0??

We were poor in that game but I think we'd have at least drawn had Darlow not cocked up.

Was that in the game where Dummett hit the post with a header from a corner at 0-0??

We were poor in that game but I think we'd have at least drawn had Darlow not cocked up.

Yeah Mitro had a blatant penalty turned down too. They didn't 'totally dominate' us