Newcastle United 1-0 West Bromwich Albion - Post-match reaction from page 33

Disco

Guest neesy111

Tiote was very good today, I also think Taylor did well.

WBA were fucking shit, they came for a point and were time wasting even when they were losing. A better team would have taken them apart today, in fact so would we had we finished off our chances.

No way Tiote's goal should have been disallowed, the keeper could clearly see him take the shot. All WBA did was throw themselves to ground for free kicks, and then take down our players when they threatened. McClean was a dirty fucker today and elbowed one of our players in the back in an off the ball incident. Typical Pulis player though, a fucking thug who roughs players up and gets away with being called a decent player because he has a little bit of pace (so every Sunderland midfielder over the last 10 years for comparison).

Tiote disallowed goal was completely correct, read the updated rules that were introduced last summer.

Guest neesy111

Thought Pritchard look canny for them, only one that wanted to play football.

Yeah, he was excellent on loan to Brentford last year.

WBA were fucking shit, they came for a point and were time wasting even when they were losing. A better team would have taken them apart today, in fact so would we had we finished off our chances.

No way Tiote's goal should have been disallowed, the keeper could clearly see him take the shot. All WBA did was throw themselves to ground for free kicks, and then take down our players when they threatened. McClean was a dirty fucker today and elbowed one of our players in the back in an off the ball incident. Typical Pulis player though, a fucking thug who roughs players up and gets away with being called a decent player because he has a little bit of pace (so every Sunderland midfielder over the last 10 years for comparison).

Tiote disallowed goal was completely correct, read the updated rules that were introduced last summer.

The keeper was able to see the shot being taken ( replays showed it from the GK's POV), the ball bent around Mitrovic. The GK's vision was not impressed as the shot was taken.

McClean elbowed Sissoko first half near the Leazes, 2 footed him on the halfwayline touchline 2nd half (but played the ball) and then went head to head with him after Olson fouled Mitrovic and then shouted at him.

He's an odious twat and should have seen at least yellow never mind red.

Been back a while now but thought I'd compose my thoughts.

Overall very good promising performance but it can't be emphasized enough quite how dreadful west brom were, they offered nothing adn we should have scored at least 3. They nearly scored at end which would have been almost a deserved mugging considering our inability to extend our lead.

Not to look for too many negatives though, we pressed attacked and played as a team.

Positives.

Mitrovic scoring can only help his confidence, more of that please

Tiote did everything we didn't do against everton defensively. Strange player if he keeps this up we may miss him more than we realise.

Shelvey did well for the first 60 mins or so - more on this later

Townsend created plenty of space for our other attackers and was unfortunate not to score

Mitrovic was a f***ing beast.

Negatives

West Brom were dreadful even by pulis' s*** standards.

Only scored one

Not to blame him, he's a young lad out of position who generally did well, but we can't continue for long with Aarons at left back, he looks too easily bullied and has mistakes in him.

After 60 minutes shelvey magically transformed into the absolute liability we saw at everton and started hoicking hollywood balls straight to them, nearly playing Anichebe in and more. Should have been hooked for Saivet earlier as he was a liability from that point on. At this point in his career have to wonder if we'll ever see his head screwed on straight enough for him not to be a walking disaster.

Sissoko very much grew into the game and yet where is the end product? Difficult to know if it's low confidence or lack of caring not in front of tv.

Wijnaldum was poor again, Perez has to be a serious contender for his place in the team next game.

Overall very positive, but we need to score more points than those below us for rest of season, very simple, no excuses, no mistakes can be afforded. We have the talent in the squad, I'm just not sure of a manager who can't affect a game as it's running for his life. Don't mean to be too negative but we have to play like this against good opposition not just when time on the ball is afforded us.

The keeper was able to see the shot being taken ( replays showed it from the GK's POV), the ball bent around Mitrovic. The GK's vision was not impressed as the shot was taken.

It was impressive enough to go past him like.

Plenty of positives to take from today's game, most of them have been covered in this topic already. Nice to see Mitrovic score.

Was thinking it was going to be one of those days when Foster saved Mitrovic's chance in the opening 10 minutes or whatever it was and then when Tiote's goal was ruled out. Never mind though, we got the goal and the 3 points but this missing loads of chances is starting to become an issue. I thought it would sort itself out after a certain period of time and a little bit of luck but it seems not. We miss absolute sitters almost every single game. Must have been 6 or 7 today. I suppose i'd be more worried of we weren't creating the chances.

Not to blame him, he's a young lad out of position who generally did well, but we can't continue for long with Aarons at left back, he looks too easily bullied and has mistakes in him.

Nah, don't think Aarons was bullied at all

There was one point where he was just pushed straight off the ball like he was nothing.

I think he did well just think he'll be found out against better teams and hope he doesn't lose confidence by being played there too much.

Deserved win against a side who seem to be the W Mids equivalent of NUFC....only try at home and useless away. WBA deserved nothing from the game but could easily have snatched a point late on due to our wasteful finishing but also, it has to be said, not enough really clear chances. Plenty of possession and crosses into the box from the wings but we are heavily reliant in Shelvey to produce a killer pass through the middle in order to score ; our last two home games have proved that. Apart from making a fantastic stop from Mitrovic(which he should have buried) their keeper didn't have many direct shots to save...most were blocked by WBA defenders. Contrast this with Leicester's second goal at Man C, where a piece of individual skill on the ball created a clear chance inside the box and we have nobody with the exception of Perez who is capable of that...Remy also did this.

The general play was decent though and Townsend had a much better game than at Everton although much of our possession was the result of WBA being unable to keep the ball and our m/f closing them down quickly - I agree with those who say that Tiote and Shelvey seem to be the best m/f pairing. Tiote had a fairly good game overall and its a pity this guy hasn't got the temperament to go with his footballing ability.

A sobering result was the Mackems getting a point at Anfield, something we look unlikely to do ; they have a manager well versed in keeping teams up and we cannot rely on them getting too many bad results to aid our escape bid. Despite appearing dead a couple of weeks ago, Villa now seem to be getting their act together under Garde and we cannot afford to slip up many more times. The performance as much as the result at Chelsea will tell us if we do have a realistic chance of beating the drop - we are hardly likely to win but if we have another disappearing act away from SJP the signs will not be good. Of all the managers fighting the drop, ours inspires the least confidence...

if we are a "homer" side, i hope its true and we win the lot  :D

Been reading this all over and it's not really true though as we have only won 4 out of 13.

if we are a "homer" side, i hope its true and we win the lot  :D

Been reading this all over and it's not really true though as we have only won 4 out of 13.

It's all relative though when talking about this team. "Homer" meaning not necessarily winning, but playing non horrifically bad like away :lol:

Usually when we're 1-0 up at hoe you're shitting your pants in case we concede. But I never really got that feeling yesterday, though I think that says more about west brom than us.

Shelvey is like a QB man, just sits in the pocket pinging the ball about.