Newcastle United 1-0 West Bromwich Albion - Post-match reaction from page 33

Disco

West Brom were as bad as us at our worst over the past 3 or 4 years. Bit worrying that we didn't put the game away, though. If Rondon hadn't ballsed up that pass to Berahino at hte end we'd have thrown the points away.

Guest neesy111

I'd be livid with pulis if I was a WBA fan.

Had a quick look on some forums, quite a few calling for his head now.

Getting a pounding on twitter as well.

He'll keep them up and get sacked I reckon.

Absolute abbhoration of a bloke. There's being defensive and playing on the counter and there's completely fucking the match off as a spectacle in every way. You'd be fucking mental as any form of attacker to go to one of his teams unless you're gasping for cash.

The tactic in the first half of getting Anichebe to jump into people on halfway and claim a foul was as forward thinking as they got. Totally rancid.

Guest neesy111

They had two chances all game... holding on ffs.

Well we did as West Brom should had scored 1 of those 2 chances deep into injury time.

He'll keep them up and get sacked I reckon.

Absolute abbhoration of a bloke. There's being defensive and playing on the counter and there's completely f***ing the match off as a spectacle in every way. You'd be f***ing mental as any form of attacker to go to one of his teams unless you're gasping for cash.

The tactic in the first half of getting Anichebe to jump into people on halfway and claim a foul was as forward thinking as they got. Totally rancid.

:thup:

One of the most one sided 1-0s I've ever seen at SJP. Thought we looked really good as a team and Aarons impressed me massively. West Brom were horrific they got nowhere near our goal in the first half at all

Just back in from the match, it was a fantastic performance, particularly the first half.

Mitrovic was a different class today, he absolutely battered their defenders. Tiote was also a rock in the middle of the pitch, him and Shelvey worked very well together. Aarons did a very solid job, he got a bit cocky at the end of the game but performed very well defensively.

We noticeably took our foot off the gas in the 2nd half though. A bit of nerves is understandable but how we didn't commit bodies or press higher up the pitch nearly cost us and that was clearly a tactical decision.

WBA were terrible mind, they've robbing a league position when they stay up. I feel for their fans because they were silent and you can't blame them. The sooner clubs stop appointing shit house managers like Pullis the better the Premier League will be overall.

I think mclaren should have unleashed doumbia and dropped a midfielder to tie the game up, but on the other hand we always looked comfortable and the midfield played well so might have ruined things to change it too much

Staying in the Premier league is more important to most clubs than playing football worth watching. It's why managers whose teams play awful football but don't get relegated keep getting jobs.

See Allardyce, Sam.

Staying in the Premier league is more important to most clubs than playing football worth watching. It's why managers whose teams play awful football but don't get relegated keep getting jobs.

See Allardyce, Sham.

fyp

Tiote was very good today, I also think Taylor did well.

WBA were fucking shit, they came for a point and were time wasting even when they were losing. A better team would have taken them apart today, in fact so would we had we finished off our chances.

No way Tiote's goal should have been disallowed, the keeper could clearly see him take the shot. All WBA did was throw themselves to ground for free kicks, and then take down our players when they threatened. McClean was a dirty fucker today and elbowed one of our players in the back in an off the ball incident. Typical Pulis player though, a fucking thug who roughs players up and gets away with being called a decent player because he has a little bit of pace (so every Sunderland midfielder over the last 10 years for comparison).