sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't see why fat Sam would even go back there. He had a narrow escape from relegation last time but managed to leave with a good reputation from keeping them up. Why would he go back and risk it again with a far worse squad?

That squad really is the worst ever to be in the premiership. It's horrendous. Can see them having someone like Holloway in charge next year with watmore there star player and 20,000 crowds . Imagine supporting that man.

They know and are RATTLED that we have a world class manager, full stadium and a all round better club then them even the league below. The gap will only get bigger when we swap positions in May.

It's a good job that they aren't the early kick-off on Saturday  :lol: Watch the ferkers turn Arsenal over!

Sunderland AFC squad stranded in Southampton after plane fails to take off in fog David Moyes' side slipped to a 1-0 loss at Southampton

The Sunderland AFC squad found themselves stranded in Southampton last night after their plane failed to take off in thick fog. The Black Cats' players and staff had been due to fly back to the North East immediately after last night's 1-0 defeat in the League Cup.However, because of the conditions, they were forced to stay an extra night on the south coast. A spokesman for the club confirmed to the Echo that the flight home had been rearranged for today, and they are due to set off early this afternoon.

Read more at: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/our-region/sunderland/sunderland-afc-squad-stranded-in-southampton-after-plane-fails-to-take-off-in-fog-1-8204524

I don't think Allardyce left on the best of terms with regards to Ellis Short.  I seem to remember the press release regarding his departure was a bit mean-spirited considering he had kept them up.  Also I don't think he was too impressed with the transfer budget.

Short made a point of saying he had tried to get Moyes on about 5 occasions so he was obviously their preferred choice when they appointed Allardyce.  In view of that he would look pretty stupid to have lost faith in Moyes so quickly.

It's a good job that they aren't the early kick-off on Saturday  :lol: Watch the ferkers turn Arsenal over!

Sunderland AFC squad stranded in Southampton after plane fails to take off in fog David Moyes' side slipped to a 1-0 loss at Southampton

The Sunderland AFC squad found themselves stranded in Southampton last night after their plane failed to take off in thick fog. The Black Cats' players and staff had been due to fly back to the North East immediately after last night's 1-0 defeat in the League Cup.However, because of the conditions, they were forced to stay an extra night on the south coast. A spokesman for the club confirmed to the Echo that the flight home had been rearranged for today, and they are due to set off early this afternoon.

Read more at: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/our-region/sunderland/sunderland-afc-squad-stranded-in-southampton-after-plane-fails-to-take-off-in-fog-1-8204524

Missing a training session apparently.

I don't think Allardyce left on the best of terms with regards to Ellis Short.  I seem to remember the press release regarding his departure was a bit mean-spirited considering he had kept them up.  Also I don't think he was too impressed with the transfer budget.

Short made a point of saying he had tried to get Moyes on about 5 occasions so he was obviously their preferred choice when they appointed Allardyce.  In view of that he would look pretty stupid to have lost faith in Moyes so quickly.

Thry should let him take them down and bring them back up again. Moyes would be a good manager in our position, he's just not a quick fix man and that's what they are used to.

Best thing from our pov is they stick with him and they go down whilst sacking him late in the season. Absolute no plan for next season. Tbh that's the most likely scenario as well due to fan pressure.

They're in a fucking massive mess. Fat head won't go anywhere near them now.

When we went down our crowds stayed the same if not increased and we have a far better manager. We are so much better off.

They go down and it will cripple them. Imagine what cretin they would have in charge then? Back to more empty seats than supporters again. Could see them stuck down there for years whilst we are on a massive upward trajectory

Sunderland have been stranded on the south coast after their plane home from Southampton failed to take off in thick fog last night.

:lol:

Visions of a bunch of miserable bastards with their head in their hands... 'plane can't take off lads' .... slowly they look up, 'aye, course it fucking can't', heads back in hands.

:aww:

We actually played alright last night.

He's still a dead man walking IMO.

do you honestly think you'll go for another sacking then?  mental

I do yes. It's cheaper to get rid of a manager and pay the compo than to get relegated. Our matchday gate receipts are poor. We'd be absolutely kiboshed if we got relegated. Short, more than anyone, knows this.

I do yes. It's cheaper to get rid of a manager and pay the compo than to get relegated. Our matchday gate receipts are poor. We'd be absolutely kiboshed if we got relegated. Short, more than anyone, knows this.

any candidates being spoken about?  timing will be difficult for you this as you don't have the derby to indicate when to bin the dude

Surely it going to get to the point where no decent manager will want to go near them considering their high tendency to pull the trigger as soon as things start to go a little wrong.

I'm loving David Moyes at the moment, doing a fantastic job, but that could still all change. It's only the start of the season, he could still get them going and secure them their precious and beloved 17th place in the league come May and make me dislike him again.

They'd be made to sack him now. They should wait until they play Hull at home, if he doesn't win that then fair enough he's lost it. But that could be their turning point a win there and a point or three against Bournemouth too is possible. I hope not as I want them to burn as much as anyone, but just can't see them going down. I so want to be wrong.

Kiboshed what a word  :lol:

Huddink is the best answer imo

Hiddink would be a coup for them, possibly still too late to save them but if he was treated like Rafa has been treated and allowed to rebuild then he would get them back up and being a decent side.

Would he want to go there though is a big question.

Hiddink would be a coup for them, possibly still too late to save them but if he was treated like Rafa has been treated and allowed to rebuild then he would get them back up and being a decent side.

Would he want to go there though is a big question.

Still 29 games to go like, and he gets a transfer window. Huddink should keep them up

I'm not sure if Huddink is in a time of his career where he wants to build a football club after taking the Dutch national job and temporary caretaker appointment of Chelsea

I think he would  prefer a deal to the end of the season and then a big payoff

They're in a fucking massive mess. Fat head won't go anywhere near them now.

My impression was that Allardyce didn't really want to be there the first time round. He sharp jumped ship at the first opportunity. The England manager's job isn't that attractive if you are at a big club, but then I suppose this is sunderland we are talking about.

Huddink is the best answer imo

Still 29 games to go like, and he gets a transfer window. Huddink should keep them up

I'm not sure if Huddink is in a time of his career where he wants to build a football club after taking the Dutch national job and temporary caretaker appointment of Chelsea

I think he would  prefer a deal to the end of the season and then a big payoff

Please stop