sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jonny Gently in that thread is a good read:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/smoggies.1379067/page-4#post-25857849

"Typical of the jealousy of Smogs and mags who have aspirations way above their capabilities. <b> However we are loved by other fans because we are everything the mags purport to be </b>. Quote 'Man City fan'. Of course the difference is we know we're crap and can take the p*ss out of ourselves. The mags and smogs by and large can't. They still live in a Bobby and Bryan Robson wonderland. So sad so funny. "

Where on earth does this notion come from? That Sunderland are "loved" by other fans. What exactly is it that they "are" anyway? Far as I know, they're a total non-entity as a club, haven't won owt since the 70's and are more generally known for racist fans and an empty stadium with rubbish on the pitch. Creased at the patter  :lol:

That forum is like a different universe! The bitterness towards us and self-praising is beyond belief!

Top two threads now are the Rafa one (163 pages!) and a Shelvey thread in which someone think Clattermole is a better player!

That forum is like a different universe! The bitterness towards us and self-praising is beyond belief!

Top two threads now are the Rafa one (163 pages!) and a Shelvey thread in which someone think Clattermole is a better player!

We're basically constantly on their minds. All the time.

Where as we just have the one 606 page thread on sunderland that is rarely off the first page of the football forum!  :lol:

Where as we just have the one 606 page thread on sunderland that is rarely off the first page of the football forum!  :lol:

With 99% of those 606 pages is everyone pissing themselves at that forum and its retards.

Lets face it we are both interested in each other, and rightly so because it's one of the oldest football rivalries. A hate for Sunderland is part of what makes it fun to be a nufc fan, and I would expect it to be the same in reverse for them. It's only natural to want to debate the merits of our lot and the shit of theirs. It's really not that "cool" to be above that sort of thing, even though some people think it is.

In fairness, our thread averages less than 10 posts a week. I bet they easily have 10+ posts a day relating to NUFC.

Not that it really matters anyway.

I know fans of Boro, Celtic, Leeds, Burnley and Derby at work. When I get in I'll ask them what it is they love about the mackems so much....is it their slightly backwards racism which saw them hound out Darren Bent (via his mam), adulate a fascist manager and become poster boys for Brexit? Is it the flat-pack fading stadium, crumbling away on a sinkhole industrial estate? The endless 'turd that wont flush' non-football that stained the Premier League for a decade?

Or, as I suspect, will they just reply 'Huh? Sunderland? Errr......*shrug*

I find it really peculiar that they don't realise that we are a bigger club than them. Do Man City fans argue that they are bigger than Man Utd?

Theres plenty of stuff that they could legitimately mock us about, which is fair game but getting all wound up when a player states a fact, is odd.

It can't have escaped their attention that their stadium, city and general culture is dwarfed by Newcastle's.

Mackems feewwwwwwmin over the Manquillo quotes :lol:

thought they were all discussing expanding the sol to 84k?  :lol:

Bit risky when the North Sea has eaten all their kids. They'll have to bus in kids from Berwick again.

I find it really peculiar that they don't realise that we are a bigger club than them. Do Man City fans argue that they are bigger than Man Utd?

Theres plenty of stuff that they could legitimately mock us about, which is fair game but getting all wound up when a player states a fact, is odd.

It can't have escaped their attention that their stadium, city and general culture is dwarfed by Newcastle's.

6 in a row marra

We relegated the Mags

Jesus Christ was a MLF

FTM 9-1

Mackems feewwwwwwmin over the Manquillo quotes :lol:

thought they were all discussing expanding the sol to 84k?  :lol:

Bit risky when the North Sea has eaten all their kids. They'll have to bus in kids from Berwick again.

If it wasn't for Coastal Erosion, they would be bigger than Barcelona.

Very much so. Memory of the past is almost non-existent. All the City fans I know measure the start of time as the day they returned to the Premier. In that sense, they are correct. Manchester United are a true example of what Sunderland accuse us of ... i.e. They are 'bigger' only because of their catchment and past success. City are just as big if you limit the definition of Manchester to 'Manchester' (Salford, Trafford, Stockport etc.), and forget history.