sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yes, the above seems to be the correct situation.

Very long term lease on the land that the stadium stands on.

I think that some of the surrounding land is owned by Ashley personally.

Nah, he just stole some of the leases from NUFC

I thought the club owns the Stadium, just not the land its on?

So applying makemathics, if you have paid off your mortgage on your leasehold property, you are still renting? Love that place; you learn something new everyday (mainly not to bother visiting/mocking the afflicted).

He's not giving it away for free, he wants £69m for it. His shareholder loan will be subordinated to the amounts owed to Guggenheim, who are probably getting ready to cut him off. This is his last chance to maximise what he will get back.

I thought the club owns the Stadium, just not the land its on?

So applying makemathics, if you have paid off your mortgage on your leasehold property, you are still renting? Love that place; you learn something new everyday (mainly not to bother visiting/mocking the afflicted).

Apropos of nothing, the overlap between Keegan and Robson in your avatar looks like some kinda weird conjoined twin (where one has apparently aged quicker than the other). It's the shared eye-space between them :lol:

Actually, thinking of it, it's not unrelated to the discussion at all. Seems the perfect outlet to discuss hideous mutants* :laugh:

*relating to the picture mash-up only, obvs. There have never been two finer men.

If they go down, I think they will be down there for a while. Crowds will decrease even more and the team will be filled with journeymen league two and one players managed by similar. It will be. Long road back for them.

I disagree

They have a very good academy which would in my opinion do very well playing in league one.  You just have to look at Armstrong in league one with Coventry and now Blackburn  especially when their u18s regularly stuff ours.

If they go down, I think they will be down there for a while. Crowds will decrease even more and the team will be filled with journeymen league two and one players managed by similar. It will be. Long road back for them.

I disagree

They have a very good academy which would in my opinion do very well playing in league one.  You just have to look at Armstrong in league one with Coventry and now Blackburn  especially when their u18s regularly stuff ours.

Their Academy side hardly tore the Checkatrade Trophy apart against league One and Two sides.

Yes, the above seems to be the correct situation.

Very long term lease on the land that the stadium stands on.

I think that some of the surrounding land is owned by Ashley personally.

The not owning our stadium is the biggest mackem myth going and demonstrates a lack of knowledge on property.

SJP, like a lot of buildings in the city centre is leased by the council on 99 or 999 year leases. The rent is referred to as a 'peppercorn' as it is a derisory figure as it is also referred to as an 'effective freehold'. 

Anyone who owns or mortgages a flat (other than Tyneside flats as they have a unique arrangement) according to mackems doesn't own said flat because you cannot have a 'flying freehold' (unless you have a commonhold with others in the flat block but that is rare).

In both scenarios you have security of tenure and every 15 to 20 years have the right to renew the lease based on a formula. If you leave it 99 years the money will be a sum equivalent to the market value of the site but the majority of people aren't daft enough so will renew it ever 15-20 years. The Landlord (the council) cannot take the lands back or refuse a renewal of the lease.

Its such a non issue but reflects the fact the land our stadium is on is prime city centre land and the land their stadium is on is........

Nice to see Villarreal, like the majority of other clubs, have much higher morals than these fucking sucmbags by suspending Semedo.

Had he been a Sunderland play he’d still be playing and the fans would be chanting and raving about him still. Even if he was to be found guilty they’d still try and blame the victim.

I mean he is in jail.

Only point I was making of course is that they at least done something. Sunderland held on to Johnson for as long as possible and done nothing even when it was obvious he was guilty. Even after he is a proven criminal they still defend him to this day (the fans).