sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A few interesting tweets from Nick Barnes (their BBC Newcastle guy) that suggest the club is in a very bad way.

Nick Barnes ‏@Tweed_Barnesy  2h2 hours ago

@kevinoneillmitt there is much to digest. I'm sure it will be revealed in time.

Nick Barnes ‏@Tweed_Barnesy  1h1 hour ago

@kevinoneillmitt It would be a major surprise if he [Allardyce] agreed to return under the financial restrictions he would face.

@Potbellypags I can't say a great deal publically but there's an elephant in the room & Moyes is working with both hands & feet tied.

Nick Barnes ‏@Tweed_Barnesy  45m45 minutes ago Dunston, England

@reverend_taylor the problems are more deep rooted than David Moyes. Whether he's the right man or wrong, the problems remain.

@Potbellypags I can't say a great deal publically but there's an elephant in the room & Moyes is working with both hands & feet tied.

[emoji38]

I love a good mixing of metaphors. What an image!

A few interesting tweets from Nick Barnes (their BBC Newcastle guy) that suggest the club is in a very bad way.

@kevinoneillmitt It would be a major surprise if he [Allardyce] agreed to return under the financial restrictions he would face.

@reverend_taylor the problems are more deep rooted than David Moyes. Whether he's the right man or wrong, the problems remain.

Hope they do a portsmouth

This is what I meant by posters really going out of their way to find stuff to post in here

Aye, it's playground stuff.

Don't know what's so hard with keeping the thread related to sunderland news/talking about how shite they're doing. Fair enough linking the odd ludicrous thread from RTG but not "haha this Arsenal fan thinks they stink lol"

It's the Ready To Groom and calling them paedos that bothers me. Using some young girls plight to score points is a little unsettling.

If they start going on about being the classiest or horse punching etc, a simple "johnson" and it's case closed. They know this but no need to celebrate it here.

Hope they do a portsmouth

Ellis skint?

I can remember them being in the old Division 3 when they were relegated out of the 2nd tier of football....  They were getting 20k plus crowds (amazing for 3rd Division by the way) and humping teams like Man City who were also in that level of football at the time by 7 and 8 goals.  I was in school in 6th form so I am thinking early 80's or am I mixing this up with something else that is funny to do with Sun'lun?

Sometime back in 1901 they even beat us 9 - 1 but, I cannot remember that one!

I can remember them being in the old Division 3 when they were relegated out of the 2nd tier of football....  They were getting 20k plus crowds (amazing for 3rd Division by the way) and humping teams like Man City who were also in that level of football at the time by 7 and 8 goals.  I was in school in 6th form so I am thinking early 80's or am I mixing this up with something else that is funny to do with Sun'lun?

87 I think they were in div 3- taken by Lawrie Mackemenemy

Averaged 17,000 in the 3rd Division. They were down to around 11k at the start of the season but obviously that increased when they were doing well and looking nailed on for promotion.

Would love to see them to get relegated, then go into administration in the summer and start their Championship season on -10 points. Then get relegated again.

but it wont matter to them cos "we reylagayed teh mags marra , 6 in a row ".

Seems to be the end all of supporting their club

Can't account for the veracity of this, but funny all the same:

Sunderland, Mass

Sunderland was first settled in 1713 and was officially incorporated in 1718. It was first known as Swampfield, a name which is now honored by Swampfield Road, but the name was changed to attract more residents

:lol:

Man City were in division 2 that season. They dropped later than that I think. Remember as a twelve year old, listening to the commentary of the Gillingham home game in the play-offs on Metro Radio, relaying Cascarino's goals to the rest of the family. Something we've never done - played in the third tier of English football.

1987 they went down but they never played man city or hummed anyone 8-0

So Shints, are you the one that used to always post on RTG?  "Shintz iz a gud lad marra".  "Shintz iz gud crak for a mag". 

Did you fall out with them and that's why you seem to be so bitter and twisted about them?

Ive posted on there about 2 years ago aa a blatant newcastle fan but as ever i shoot from the hip and was soon banned. Nah i just hate the cunts, and wish them nothing but shite. Simple as that