sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most of the championship is really poor in terms of quality but to "piss it" over 46 games you would need quite a lot of quality in your squad, a big squad as well.  No guarantees they would have either. 

Hope they gan down this season.

I'd be very intrigued to see how they would handle the championship.

Loads of RTG seem to think they'd p*ss it, but I don't think they would.

Their current team possibly would. Not sure which of them would still be there ?

Fair point.

Loads of RTG seem to think they'd p*ss it, but I don't think they would.

They'd more likely have a season similar to what Villa are having than what we are.

I've bet wor Neesy £20 that they will stay up. I'm winning no matter what happens. But I really think they will pull it out of the bag again. Boro replacing the generic win they get against us which sets them on a winning streak.

No chance, they aren't staying up.  No indication in the way they are playing they will stay up.

It's getting to that time man, they'll go on a six game win streak soon.

Guest neesy111

Defoe would be off in heartbeat if they get relegated, and without him they've got nowt. Won't get any decent money for him either.

I'm sure he has a clause that allows him to leave for free if they go down.

Guest neesy111

I've bet wor Neesy £20 that they will stay up. I'm winning no matter what happens. But I really think they will pull it out of the bag again. Boro replacing the generic win they get against us which sets them on a winning streak.

No chance, they aren't staying up.  No indication in the way they are playing they will stay up.

It's getting to that time man, they'll go on a six game win streak soon.

No chance.

Defoe would be off in heartbeat if they get relegated, and without him they've got nowt. Won't get any decent money for him either.

Is the correct answer.  Defoe has been immense for them - without him and his goals, they would have been relegated in 2015 and 2016 (and possibly both :)  )

The fact that they have been able to keep him (and keep him happy enough to play and score goals) is a credit to them.  B******s

Loads of RTG seem to think they'd piss it, but I don't think they would.

I think Villa will win it next season. Settled team with a Summer under their belts and a half decent manager at this leve under Steve Bruce. Leeds, Reading, Huddersfield, us, Brighton, Norwich, Sheff Wed...the ones that don't go up out of those will be up there too. Actually rate Fulham too tbh.

Not sure why people think they would run away with the Championship next season, even if they kept their current squad. Should they go down then the two other relegated clubs will have better squads. Assuming we went up, and so do Brighton then pretty much everyone in the play offs right now aside from Reading are all better than them. Villa will have cleared more of the dead wood and have a manager used to promotion challenges, Norwich, Derby, and Fulham (assuming they don't make it via the play offs) will all have decent squads.

Sunderland's squad would be capable of a play off place at best, and that is before you take into account the players who will jump ship.

Pickford, Defoe, Kone, Januzaj, Khazri, Borini, Kirchoff*, Mannone*.. all would leave if they get relegated

*possibly?

What's left is definitely not a squad that will 'piss' the Championship ffs :lol: They'd be midtable/fighting for the lower playoff places with a bit of luck

Add in their old 30+ players their squad has (Larsson, Pienaar, O'Shea, Defoe and Lescott if they stay) who will be another year slower and shitter, and I can't see who is going to win them the title. They haven't got many players with great resale value, they'll be in a lot of trouble if they go down.

Nah I'd just like them to suffer a bit then come back up when we are hopefully sorted out into a top 8 Everton level kind of team, so we can (hopefully) batter them a few times.

Would miss the derbies if they are gone too long.

Nah I'd just like them to suffer a bit then come back up when we are hopefully sorted out into a top 8 Everton level kind of team, so we can (hopefully) batter them a few times.

Would miss the derbies if they are gone too long.

Nah, fuck that.  With the way they have went on calling it a pub league, etc and saying we're shit even though we're top I'll gladly see them down between those two divisions for 10-15 years.

Plus karma for stinking out the division and playing Johnson even though they knew what he had done.

Nah, f*** that.  With the way they have went on calling it a pub league, etc and saying we're s*** even though we're top I'll gladly see them down between those two divisions for 10-15 years.

Plus karma for stinking out the division and playing Johnson even though they knew what he had done.

Exactly this - fuck the bastards!

Guest alijmitchell

The idea that they would piss it is mad. So much depends on who will stay (not many I would guess) the manager and the atmosphere at the club. We got a lift when Rafa stayed, so when we started badly most people kept faith. Now imagine a similar scenario with Moyes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With their debt they could also go into administration. If that happens you'll see some wailing and whinging from their fans ;D

Totally depends on their owner. Not sure but wouldn't be surpised if their "debt" wasn't too dissimilar to ours (given we owe Ashley £129 million and have an overdraft set of of, I think 33million, assuming the overdraft means that our "profit" from last season has been used up in this seasons difference in income from Premiership to Championship.....where's Happy face or Quayside when they are needed ?)

The major difference being in this situation we are better off with Ashley, purely in that he's stubborn enough to bankroll a return to the premiership to get some money back, his problems are when we are back there.

I can't see Short being like that, don't be surpised IF they go down himdoing a Villa style "cut his losses" type sale.