sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would love to see the club 'heroes' for any banners of theirs. Bar Bob Stokoe, who the fuck do they have? Kevin Phillips, Niall Quinn, Peter Reid, Nyron Nosworthy, Julio Arca? :lol:

Difference is, their 'star' would have something to do with beating us, and no doubt they'd fit 'FTM' in there too.

Would love to see the club 'heroes' for any banners of theirs. Bar Bob Stokoe, who the fuck do they have? Kevin Phillips, Niall Quinn, Peter Reid, Nyron Nosworthy, Julio Arca? :lol:

Difference is, their 'star' would have something to do with beating us, and no doubt they'd fit 'FTM' in there too.

Adam Johnson, Paolo DiCanio,  Gary Rowell, Lee Catermole, Wearside Jack

Fat Sam would be up there having been the manager on the greatest night in their history when Everton rolled over for them and they "relegated the Mags"  :lol:

Would love to see the club 'heroes' for any banners of theirs. Bar Bob Stokoe, who the f*** do they have? Kevin Phillips, Niall Quinn, Peter Reid, Nyron Nosworthy, Julio Arca? :lol:

The goal keeper who won them the cup in the 70s

Charley Hurley

Kevin Phillips

Nial Quinn

Kevin Ball

Michael Gray

Julio Arca

?

Would love to see the club 'heroes' for any banners of theirs. Bar Bob Stokoe, who the f*** do they have? Kevin Phillips, Niall Quinn, Peter Reid, Nyron Nosworthy, Julio Arca? :lol:

Fat Sam would be up there having been the manager on the greatest night in their history when Everton rolled over for them and they "relegated the Mags"  :lol:

I hope at some point in the future we can repay Everton the "favour", I doubt we will get that opportunity but their performance that night was shocking.

Len Shackleton

Brian Clough

Raich Carter

Shackleton of course was with us first, and his record at Sunderland was pretty impressive. Cloughie too as a player was a goal scoring machine, thank god he never felt the desire to manage his old club. I don't know a lot about Carter but have heard his name mentioned.

Why has Bradley Lowrey had so much attention from Sunderland(/everyone)?

It's ridiculously easy for me to sound like a complete dick about this here but it's not my intention, genuinely curious. Surely there are other kids in the region with problems such as his?

I remember one story a couple weeks back of a parent getting on at the club (can't remember if it was the mackems or Newcastle tbh) cause their kid was having problems, then being annoyed when said club did nowt. 

It's pretty tragic like and fair play to Sunderland for making some of his dreams come true in what little days he has left.

It doesn't make it wrong that Newcastle didn't respond to a similar request (was it Kian Musgrove?) as they shouldn't be obliged to do anything. Acts like this should completely selfless and the parents of those that put that request into NUFC are a bit presumptuous to assume they will help just because Sunderland have for Bradley Lowery.

It's pretty tragic like and fair play to Sunderland for making some of his dreams come true in what little days he has left.

It doesn't make it wrong that Newcastle didn't respond to a similar request (was it Kian Musgrove?) as they shouldn't be obliged to do anything. Acts like this should completely selfless and the parents of those that put that request into NUFC are a bit presumptuous to assume they will help just because Sunderland have for Bradley Lowery.

I didnt say or even imply it does. Was just an example of how these things can fuck with other parents in similar situations.  Why was Bradley "chosen", so to speak? That's all I'm wondering

I didnt say or even imply it does. Was just an example of how these things can fuck with other parents in similar situations.  Why was Bradley "chosen", so to speak? That's all I'm wondering

I think it was just that Sunderland welcomed him in and have been as accommodating as possible which, once that reaches the public eye in this age, is self-perpetuating.

I didnt say or even imply it does. Was just an example of how these things can f*** with other parents in similar situations.  Why was Bradley "chosen", so to speak? That's all I'm wondering

Cold and heartless here....chosen because or a rare(but not unique) condition and was pictured in Sunderland top. Sunderland desperately needed good publicity after the Adam Johnson disgrace. This was like manna from heaven...

What they have done is good, but dont for a second imagine anything would have been done if it wasnt to their own benefit....Unfortunately just like most clubs.....as you say Bradley is not unique in his terrible position so where are the london clubs with kids like him? Where are the North West lot with similar kids? Nowhere..at least not so publically anyway.

Sunderland knew they had a reputation to repair (always claiming to be a family club) after allowing Johnson to play despite knowoing of his guilt....what better way than supporting a child  with an incurable illness.

Or maybe im just cynical

I didnt say or even imply it does. Was just an example of how these things can f*** with other parents in similar situations.  Why was Bradley "chosen", so to speak? That's all I'm wondering

Cold and heartless here....chosen because or a rare(but not unique) condition and was pictured in Sunderland top. Sunderland desperately needed good publicity after the Adam Johnson disgrace. This was like manna from heaven...

What they have done is good, but dont for a second imagine anything would have been done if it wasnt to their own benefit....Unfortunately just like most clubs.....as you say Bradley is not unique in his terrible position so where are the london clubs with kids like him? Where are the North West lot with similar kids? Nowhere..at least not so publically anyway.

Sunderland knew they had a reputation to repair (always claiming to be a family club) after allowing Johnson to play despite knowoing of his guilt....what better way than supporting a child  with an incurable illness.

Or maybe im just cynical

It's crossed my mind, but I'm willing to hope even they wouldn't stoop so low to use him for their own gain.

Or maybe im just cynical

It's crossed my mind, but I'm willing to hope even they wouldn't stoop so low to use him for their own gain.

Doesnt get much lower than allowing a guy they knew to be guilty continue to work for them in a role where contact with youngsters was a distint and likely possibility. Happy to play roulette with the 13/14/15 year olds....then bam! Shoot weve been rumbled....how do we prove we didnt place our own wellbeing over that of a childs? Oh...what's this a young fan in a serious condition? Lets very publically support him.

Sorry to say i know enough PR bullsh*****s to know this probably isnt far from the truth