sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quite interesting.

Puts into context the fact that Newcastle have still made a profit in the latest set of figures, albeit quite small and mostly thanks to the fact that our debt is interest free "thanks" to Mike Ashley.

If/ when we are promoted at the end of this season our position will be very strong while Sunderland have some incredibly serious issues to deal with should they be finally relegated.

Shame - snigger!

Quite interesting.

Puts into context the fact that Newcastle have still made a profit in the latest set of figures, albeit quite small and mostly thanks to the fact that our debt is interest free "thanks" to Mike Ashley.

If/ when we are promoted at the end of this season our position will be very strong while Sunderland have some incredibly serious issues to deal with should they be finally relegated.

Shame - snigger!

I'm  not sure our position will be as strong as you think given we've possibly made a large loss this season and next season will need huge reinvestment.

Quite interesting.

Shame - snigger!

I'm  not sure our position will be as strong as you think given we've possibly made a large loss this season and next season will need huge reinvestment.

Well the very least we can expect is a jump in broadcasting revenue from less than 1kk to in excess of 60kk.  Our current, slightly favorable position is mostly due to the Sissoko, Wijnaldum and Townsend sales and the fact that we didn't reinvest all of that money.

But, you are totally right...  we have some serious money to spend if we are going to remain on the gravy train for a few seasons (hopefully permanently) to come.

Quite interesting.

Shame - snigger!

Well the very least we can expect is a jump in broadcasting revenue from less than 1kk to in excess of 60kk.  Our current, slightly favorable position is mostly due to the Sissoko, Wijnaldum and Townsend sales and the fact that we didn't reinvest all of that money.

But, you are totally right...  we have some serious money to spend if we are going to remain on the gravy train for a few seasons (hopefully permanently) to come.

The remainder of that money may well have gone on covering running costs. Add in the 30mill overdraft set up by Ashley and the picture isn't so rosy. As usual it may well depend on how much he wants to put in.

I would have to doubt that he would want another relegation but, it is likely that his investment would be the bare minimum to stay up each season.

yep- he probably sees a relegation every 6 years as a success tbh.

I would have to doubt that he would want another relegation but, it is likely that his investment would be the bare minimum to stay up each season.

Yeah. I just don't see the financial position as being as rosy as some see it. Many think that the cash from the sales last summer is still sitting there waiting to be spent on new players.

Sunlun are right in the shit.

And tbf we arent in a very strong position either, we can only target 4th bottom , big shock if folk think millions will be splashed.The mere fact Rafa stays beyond the summer is in the balance for me, the quicker he comes out and says he's here for a while the better, then we build but from the bottom.

Anything is possible at this club.

Nothing wrong with 'aiming' for 17th when you're a newly promoted team, the problem arises when thats the aim every year

totally agree  O0

it's starting again, the ambition was lost years ago, the man at the helm is still there so if we go up we need to get used to hanging on and scraping the odd wins, don't know if some of our fans can handle it  :lol:

at times i don't wanna go up  :lol:

Nothing wrong with 'aiming' for 17th when you're a newly promoted team, the problem arises when thats the aim every year

totally agree  O0

it's starting again, the ambition was lost years ago, the man at the helm is still there so if we go up we need to get used to hanging on and scraping the odd wins, don't know if some of our fans can handle it  :lol:

somebody on total sport last week said we need to invest 200m in playing staff  :lol: :lol:

Quite interesting.

Shame - snigger!

Isn't part of our overall poor financial position down to paying for players up front and then selling in installments? Charnley mentioned that we wouldn't see some of the profits from players sold for years, we create a problem by the way we pay for incoming transfers.

Quite interesting.

Shame - snigger!

Isn't part of our overall poor financial position down to paying for players up front and then selling in installments? Charnley mentioned that we wouldn't see some of the profits from players sold for years, we create a problem by the way we pay for incoming transfers.

Paying all up-front gives us bargaining room to reduce prices...

... and allowing teams to pay in instalments over years enables us to demand higher total fees...

... is my simplistic FM understanding.

totally agree  O0

somebody on total sport last week said we need to invest 200m in playing staff  :lol: :lol:

Probably right to be fair but that wont ever happen.we will sign 3-4 at best 10-15 m journey men or off casts and Rafa will be told on you go son, interesting to see how that goes.

Quite interesting.

Shame - snigger!

Paying all up-front gives us bargaining room to reduce prices...

... and allowing teams to pay in instalments over years enables us to demand higher total fees...

... is my simplistic FM understanding.

It doesn't help the cash flow.

I think someone explained the rationale was down to reducing the tax bill, which makes perfect sense. At some point though with all these installments coming in you are going to have an extremely healthy positive cash flow, 5 million here, 5 million there, when all said and done before we even sell anyone we could be 20 million up.

I think it's a sound long term strategy to make money, whether it works will depend on if we can stay in the PL. It's really not a way in the short term at least to build a successful football team though.

Amid lots of vitriol and bigotry re a perfectly reasonable Rafa article (and a few sensible posts) lies this. Not remarkable in terms of jaw dropping stupidity, but there is something quite impressive about this line of reasoning, hats off to Adam 26 on managing to type a standout RTG post; there is tough competition:

"If the mags celebrate our relegation in any form it just sums them up. The planes banners etc.. have been when we have been in the same league or based on games against them. Added to that we actually relegated them last season. They have had no bearing on our downfall this year, bar the guaranteed 4/6 points off them which at the minute still wouldn't keep us up."