sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sick of hearing that Moyes was dealt a s*** hand. Like somebody made him spend £12m on Didier N'Dong.

They've had a lot of injuries, granted, but is it really unlucky if Victor Anichebe is injured for 3 months? He's a player with a long history of getting injuries which Moyes took a gamble on and would you believe it, he got injuries. If they had no money anyway I don't know what Allardyce would have done with them, but he probably would have brought in a better centre half than Djilbodji or loaned somebody better than Jason Denayer after Kaboul had to go.

Agree.

I think he is showing up as a busted flush.

The signings of players that he had worked with previously must have been orchestrated by him, you would imagine, and the likes of Pienar (sp) and Anichebe have proven to be passed it/never were it gash.

if he leaves them I think he may struggle to get a new job, certainly in the top 2 divisions.

Guest firetotheworks

Was Moyes in control of signings?

Either way, that amount of money isn't what it used to be like. You could put a . in the middle and it would be nearer to the fee on the scale that some people seem to be still using. It's a shoulder shrugging amount in 2017. That doesn't mean to say he hasn't been shite like, but £17m failures aren't that big a surprise anymore.

The Djilbodji was a club signing, he was scouted before Moyes came on board and fat sham was already underway to sign him.

N'Dong was all Moyes though (£13m) he'll go back to France and have a good career, tidy player in there when he grows up....very lightweight though.

Everything else was panic buys as he didn't have time to scout as much as he normally likes. Usually he watches a player for months, even tracks them for years, but with no time to spare he went for people he knew and he could trust to stay in his corner.

Guest firetotheworks

You'd think we'd all be old enough to not still go on like that, like.

Sick of hearing that Moyes was dealt a s*** hand. Like somebody made him spend £12m on Didier N'Dong.

They've had a lot of injuries, granted, but is it really unlucky if Victor Anichebe is injured for 3 months? He's a player with a long history of getting injuries which Moyes took a gamble on and would you believe it, he got injuries. If they had no money anyway I don't know what Allardyce would have done with them, but he probably would have brought in a better centre half than Djilbodji or loaned somebody better than Jason Denayer after Kaboul had to go.

Agree.

I think he is showing up as a busted flush.

The signings of players that he had worked with previously must have been orchestrated by him, you would imagine, and the likes of Pienar (sp) and Anichebe have proven to be passed it/never were it gash.

if he leaves them I think he may struggle to get a new job, certainly in the top 2 divisions.

Someone in the championship will take a punt on him based on his record at PNE, where he didn't even get them promoted, he's done in the top flight for sure though until he rebuilds his rep, if he ever can.

if moyes went down to the champo (or stays with these) and is at a stable club that gives him a year or two to set things up how he likes i think he'll be fine

He sees two seasons out after this one I reckon he'll have them back up. It's critical they let him start next season, start slowly then to appease the fans sack him with no other Fucker in mind to take control. They'll end up with Curbishley or O'Leary.

N'dong is alreet imo. They got ripped off badly for what they paid and obviously his heritage isn't popular down chickentown but he's got more than enough to be a bang average PL player.

The Mackems are desperate to be relevant  because they're overshadowed by us- regardless of which division either of us are in.

It's little brother syndrome.

It's more than just football though, that's why you're right in saying it doesn't matter what division either of us are in.

Overshadowed by us in every way - yup. As a club, as a city...

if moyes went down to the champo (or stays with these) and is at a stable club that gives him a year or two to set things up how he likes i think he'll be fine

He sees two seasons out after this one I reckon he'll have them back up. It's critical they let him start next season, start slowly then to appease the fans sack him with no other Fucker in mind to take control. They'll end up with Curbishley or O'Leary.

agree, but for his own sake imperative they start well (not badly) too

N'dong is alreet imo. They got ripped off badly for what they paid and obviously his heritage isn't popular down chickentown but he's got more than enough to be a bang average PL player.

They'll probably sell him. ATM he's cost them around £2-3m as from what I've heard the initial fee is around £8m over the contract and rest is appearances and addons.

To think they've still got £6m to pay for Djilbodji  :lol:

The biggest problem with Moyes has not been his signings (they've been bad, though) but his overall pervasive negativity. I have been convinced they'd go down all season, as he has never once looked like stirring or inspiring either a footballing change or a siege mentality. Every press conference is depressing, every quote is defeatist, and his players play like that's how he's coaching them on the training ground as well.

His performance compared to Silva and Allardyce this season shows he really is done as a top flight manager.

Either way, that amount of money isn't what it used to be like. You could put a . in the middle and it would be nearer to the fee on the scale that some people seem to be still using. It's a shoulder shrugging amount in 2017. That doesn't mean to say he hasn't been shite like, but £17m failures aren't that big a surprise anymore.

To use a very lazy example, we got Hayden for a fraction of that price. Would he have been any worse than N'Dong? You'd probably say they have a similar amount of potential. If he had £20m to spend I think he could have spent it better. Whether he had 100% input in to those two signings is another matter.

I can understand why they've decided to stick with McDoom all season, he was Short's man and the bloke he chased for years. Sacking managers on an annual basis has worked in the short time but it's not sustainable, they need to go down, rip the club apart and build for promotion in 2 or 3 years.

Ndong wasn't a bad punt. They needed to spend money on a midfielder who could offer physical and technical qualities they don't have. They got ripped off and he's looked a bit lost, but if he'd came off and performed it'd have given them more of a chance of staying up.

The other signings he's made have been poorer, signing a load of ex Man Utd and Everton plodders and crocks that he 'trusts'. Compare that to how Silva utilised the European and UK loan market to make them a much better side.

The biggest problem with Moyes has not been his signings (they've been bad, though) but his overall pervasive negativity. I have been convinced they'd go down all season, as he has never once looked like stirring or inspiring either a footballing change or a siege mentality. Every press conference is depressing, every quote is defeatist, and his players play like that's how he's coaching them on the training ground as well.

His performance compared to Silva and Allardyce this season shows he really is done as a top flight manager.

:thup: He's honestly been a bad manager since he left Everton, he was bad at Man Utd, continued to be so in Spain and now for Sunderland. I always thought the praise for the job he did at Everton was vastly overrated anyway but i can understand why people think otherwise.

Trouble is i'm not sure who Sunderland can realistically get if they decide to move on, you could try and do a Hull and take a risk on a young manager with promise but i doubt Sunderland based on their history will do enough research to get that right.

It's a tough call either way.

Like the BBC article "Was Saturday the dullest day in premiership history?". No one gives a f**k about them in the slightest....just making up the numbers (or not anymore).

Either way, that amount of money isn't what it used to be like. You could put a . in the middle and it would be nearer to the fee on the scale that some people seem to be still using. It's a shoulder shrugging amount in 2017. That doesn't mean to say he hasn't been s**** like, but £17m failures aren't that big a surprise anymore.

It's not the amounts that people are picking at, its the players that have come in.

Even the free transfers he bought in were short sighted and totally the wrong players. Moyes quite obviously had some sort of influence in the deals as he had managed a lot of them before. N'Dong may be an exception to that rule.

Either way, that amount of money isn't what it used to be like. You could put a . in the middle and it would be nearer to the fee on the scale that some people seem to be still using. It's a shoulder shrugging amount in 2017. That doesn't mean to say he hasn't been s**** like, but £17m failures aren't that big a surprise anymore.

It's not the amounts that people are picking at, its the players that have come in.

Even the free transfers he bought in were short sighted and totally the wrong players. Moyes quite obviously had some sort of influence in the deals as he had managed a lot of them before. N'Dong may be an exception to that rule.

Yeah the N'Dong deal gets the attention because the way over spent and broke their transfer record, but tbh it wasn't their worst deal. The signing of sheer pap is what got them where they are, Gibson, McNair, Love, the unpronounceable CB, etc are never in a million years going to get you out of trouble, couple this with a bunch of cloggers that were already there in Rodwell, Bily Jones, Larsson, Catternole, Whatmore, O'Shea, along with disinterested players in Khazri, Kone, Defoe etc and the rest are oft injured or fill all the above categories. The squad was a disaster, hell of a lot of work to do to get themselves ready for the new season, not writing them off yet though, they'll pull something off I think that will give them some hope for the new season.

The Djilbodji was a club signing, he was scouted before Moyes came on board and fat sham was already underway to sign him.

N'Dong was all Moyes though (£13m) he'll go back to France and have a good career, tidy player in there when he grows up....very lightweight though.

Everything else was panic buys as he didn't have time to scout as much as he normally likes. Usually he watches a player for months, even tracks them for years, but with no time to spare he went for people he knew and he could trust to stay in his corner.

It didn't work so it still goes down as shit management in my book.