sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yup - fair play to SAFC. :thup: Ashley should be doing the same, with St James Park - but we know that he won't.

As long as they don't make the poor sods watch the football.

To be fair to NUFC, the club have helped the City food bank massively and in terms of work in the community cannot nor ever should be knocked. It’s the football side that is crap.

They're also allowing a sponsored sleep out at SJP, on the side of the pitch. Was supposed to be last night but got moved to next week.

Guest Howaythetoon

To be fair to NUFC, the club have helped the City food bank massively and in terms of work in the community cannot nor ever should be knocked. It’s the football side that is crap.

They're also allowing a sponsored sleep out at SJP, on the side of the pitch. Was supposed to be last night but got moved to next week.

Aye heard that. I will never knock the club for its community work and while I’m sure Ashley doesn’t give a f*** nor even knows anything about that side of the club, the true staff at the club do and they are genuine common folk and Rafa and his players have also helped in this area, making themselves available, helping out etc. The every day staff at SJP are top people trying to do the best job they can despite the resources and infrastructure being p*ss poor.

What is that?

What is that?

It's a 'CEO sleep-out' to raise awareness for homeless charities. Few minor celebs doing it, etc. Mrs Venkman is doing it (she's not a celebrity). They're sleeping at the side of the pitch.

So I was on Backpage on the way back from Liverpool the other night (remember it was a 5:30 kick off, mackems were 3). We stopped at the services in Weatherby on the way back and who should happen to pull in at the services at the same time - a bus full of p*ssed up mackems.

Most of them started out not too lairy but then a few gathered outside their bus singing 6 in a row and all that. Backpage are relatively strict on not allowing drinking on the bus and there weren't too many of our lot too p*ssed so there was a bit of back and forth but Newcastle fans were being quiet and mostly ignoring.  But then another toon bus parks up, they've obviously spotted the mackems straight off and march straight into them all arms out chests up. A few scraps break out outside the bus and the mackem bus drives off sharpish with a few 40 year old geordies cocking about in front of it.  All quite amusing to watch tbh, none of them were kids.

So I was on Backpage on the way back from Liverpool the other night (remember it was a 5:30 kick off, mackems were 3). We stopped at the services in Weatherby on the way back and who should happen to pull in at the services at the same time - a bus full of p*ssed up mackems.

Most of them started out not too lairy but then a few gathered outside their bus singing 6 in a row and all that. Backpage are relatively strict on not allowing drinking on the bus and there weren't too many of our lot too p*ssed so there was a bit of back and forth but Newcastle fans were being quiet and mostly ignoring.  But then another toon bus parks up, they've obviously spotted the mackems straight off and march straight into them all arms out chests up. A few scraps break out outside the bus and the mackem bus drives off sharpish with a few 40 year old geordies cocking about in front of it.  All quite amusing to watch tbh, none of them were kids.

Son and daughter were on a backpage bus and the same thing happened but said there was no trouble. Must have been a different bus. Not unexpected considering the distance they were coming back.

I was on bus number 2, which one were you on?

As it happens most of the mackems either kept their head down, or asked how long we had been travelling and were pleasant. There was some big old bloke in one of our shirts who started being a bit aggressive towards the mackems who were just walking past. I never recognised him from the bus that I was on though.