Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

The concept of them being willing to spend money on the manager and accept that the setup has failed and therefore should be changed is arguably far more important that Benitez himself.

Another step, like Shelvey and Townsend signers were, towards admissions of utter fecklessness. Shame it's 8 year too late like.

The concept of them being willing to spend money on the manager and accept that the setup has failed and therefore should be changed is arguably far more important that Benitez himself.

Shame it's 28 games too late.

8 years too late more like

From the Sun article:

Benitez, who is back living in the Wirral and has turned down a mega-bucks move to China, has used pals to do his homework on Newcastle.

And somehow he could be interested. Worst "pals" ever.  :lol:

His pals a wanker or fucking simple  :lol:

Shame it's 28 games too late.

8 years too late more like

Very good point  O0

Maybe we should have seen this coming, given that they had a very similar transition in terms of player recruitment. ("we'll only buy cheap young players we can turn a profit on" -> PANIC PANIC SPEND SPEND)

It's a good sign no doubt, but the change in philosophy only matters if the right people are put in place at the boardroom and in recruiting. Otherwise we've just gone from a club that doesn't spend money stupidly to a club that spends money stupidly.

It's quite amazing really. It's what we have been crying out for over many years. Invest sensible, get a decent manager. Put a structure in place to help it grow.

Knowing our luck Rafa won't save us and we will go back to as we were. #WeTried

:lol:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/webimage/1.7517852.1444923704!/image/1079001524.jpg_gen/derivatives/articleMaxWidth_620/1079001524.jpg

Pure crazed, like something you'd see down the Big Market :lol:  Can't tell if he's trying to celebrate in his face or kill him and he's being held back.

It's quite amazing really. It's what we have been crying out for over many years. Invest sensible, get a decent manager. Put a structure in place to help it grow.

Knowing our luck Rafa won't save us and we will go back to as we were. #WeTried

:lol:

At least Ashley wont get his trotters on that cash. Every rain cloud and all that shit.

Guest chopey

f***ing hell, I've not felt like this for years :lol:

If we don't have Rafa in place tomorrow then I'm going to post my s*** to Craig Hope.

I'd rather you didn't my postie and I aren't on the best of terms to start with

What do we think is the minimum needed to keep us up now, 11 maybe 12 points?

Beat minimum 3 of mackems, Norwich, Swansea, Palace, Villa and maybe a point vs Saints.

Gonna be tiiiiiight.

A point against Southampton :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/09/steve-mcclaren-anger-rising-as-newcastle-leave-manager-in-limbo/?x

Steve McClaren’s anger is rising at Newcastle United after he was told to continue to take training, but given no assurances about his future amid claims Rafa Benitez has been offered his job.

McClaren had been expected to meet managing director Lee Charnley on Wednesday, but that meeting was cancelled and the former England manager remains in limbo, telling friends that he feels his treatment has been both insulting and insensitive.

The short phone conversation with Charnley was the first time McClaren had spoken to anyone on the Newcastle board – which met in York on Monday without him -  since the 3-1 home defeat by Bournemouth last Saturday.

A decision to sack the 54-year-old is understood to have been taken in the immediate aftermath of that defeat at the weekend, but the delay in confirming it has raised fears McClaren could cling on as Newcastle are unable to find a replacement.

That appears to have changed with an attempt to lure Benitez to St James’ Park, although the Spaniard has reservations.

Benitez is thought to be open to the idea of taking the job on a short term contract until the end of the season, as he does not want to manage in the Championship should he fail to save Newcastle from relegation. He would only stay on if he kept Newcastle up.

But sources close to the Spaniard have dismissed claims he is ready to take the job as soon as McClaren is dismissed and have stressed, at this stage, that he is just willing to speak to the Newcastle hierarchy.

His chief concerns, long term, are who will control recruitment, but he is also wary of the fact he has never taken charge of a team in a relegation battle before.

The search for McClaren’s successor has intensified in the last 48 hours, with Benitez and David Moyes appearing to be the two main contenders, but others have also contacted Charnley to ask about the role.

Both Benitez and Moyes have expressed an interest in the job, although Telegraph Sport understands Newcastle are using intermediaries to assess whether their demands make them suitable candidates in terms of wage demands, length of contract and if they are only willing to work for the club if they are given the power of a manager rather than just a head coach.

Benitez was still in Liverpool on Wednesday and a source close to the former Liverpool manager suggested he was only in a position to talk about the job at this stage.

“Rafa would be willing to have a discussion but that is as far as it goes at this stage,” the source said.

Nevertheless, Benitez’s pedigree – he last job was as manager of Real Madrid – mean Newcastle are desperate to open that dialogue, even if it means they have to change the management structure put in place by Mike Ashley in 2007 which does not give the man in charge of the team control over recruitment.

Former Everton and Manchester United boss Moyes is in a similar position having also expressed an interest in succeeding McClaren.

Moyes would prefer a long term contract and is willing to stay on if the club are relegated, but he will not work as a head coach and wants control over recruitment.

Sorry to piss on the parade like but fuck all has changed until we see Rafa winning games for me.

Everything will still be wrong above him and potentially below him.

One piece doesn't make a puzzle.

It'd be progress like, regardless.

Feel like I could never trust this to work under Ashley. He's a dick to the core who doesn't care about the club.  Our only hope is that the club's and his interests intersect. I thought that would happen more, but he's been repeatedly resistant to any kind of risk. Just can't believe he's changed and won't fuck it up in some way even if he does hire Rafa. Soz.

What do we think is the minimum needed to keep us up now, 11 maybe 12 points?

Beat minimum 3 of mackems, Norwich, Swansea, Palace, Villa and maybe a point vs Saints.

Gonna be tiiiiiight.

Yeah it is, I'll see you guys in again in about 8 minutes, if you know what I mean. :naughty:

I'm in bed alone :okay: