Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Even if he wanted to stay on a personal level, professionally he is not going to go into the Championship less than a year after being Madrid manager. He want's to be at home, he can do that at a number of middle of the road clubs if he wants to. Clearly the quality of the team is second to his desire to be back in England otherwise he'd be somewhere else but if we go down, he will leave and get a job at West Brom or Palace or something similar unless the national job comes along.

Can't see him at West Brom or Crystal Palace like. Despite everything Ashley has done to this club, we're still in a different league in terms of prestige.

Even if he wanted to stay on a personal level, professionally he is not going to go into the Championship less than a year after being Madrid manager. He want's to be at home, he can do that at a number of middle of the road clubs if he wants to. Clearly the quality of the team is second to his desire to be back in England otherwise he'd be somewhere else but if we go down, he will leave and get a job at West Brom or Palace or something similar unless the national job comes along.

He already has a bond here and that will play a big part in him staying, that and us being a "sleeping giant" will give him the idea that he can do something special here.  It will be a massive risk for him to leave here, look at his Chelsea experience.  Being comfortable in your work is as important as anything else and the welcome he has been given here will be massive to him.

Can't see him at West Brom or Crystal Palace like. Despite everything Ashley has done to this club, we're still in a different league in terms of prestige.

I think we are as well, although I'm not sure how much that means these days. I just think if he's willing to come to Newcastle and potentially get relegated, he's willing to spend a season or two with teams like that for an easy life.

Unless the money was obscene I doubt Benitez would manage Palace or West Brom for sake of managing in the Prem. We're a big club, thats why he's here.

Football is everywhere in Newcastle and that's has been seen by some lesser managers as a problem, Rafa seems to love that in the same was as Bobby and Keegan did.  People who love football should love to be at our club as its a massive part of the area and it's everywhere, unlike most other clubs where it's only important on a match day.

Also when Benitez was Liverpool manager, while we were mainly shite, we still had that identity and always felt like a huge club. Ashley has done his best to destroy that but Benitez will have remembered. He knows the potential of the club and knows where we should be.

Managing a club like Palace is universally different to Newcastle, only have to look at Pardew as evidence. Benitez is a big club manager, and while its maybe understandable to be surprised he's joined us after his previous jobs, Newcastle's true level should be amongst that lot, with the obvious exception of Real Madrid.

My gut feeling is that he will stay. He will have a hard job leaving a club who loves him.

He's also seen the squad, which will help his decision making process, one way or another.

If you look at the three manager interviews, it's clear Rafa is in control and has the most confidence of the three. The idea that we'd have been better off with someone like Allardyce is laughable.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36180339

What blasphemy is this? Any football pundit worth his salt knows that Allardyce is the man you turn to in a relegation dogfight due to his experience of relegation dogfights.

Under any of our previous managers, after a win like yesterday, I'd dread that the team would feel comfortable and safe and go into the Villa game thinking it's a certain 3 points. Not under Rafa though, he knows that we'll need to work hard and prepare for it.

Btw, I'm still assuming his family home is that palace on the Wirral?  wonder how many away games we are likely to get in midlands/ Yorkshire/ north west if we drop, and if that would help- like lots of Saturday nights/ Sundays  at home sort of thing.

My gut feeling is that he will stay. He will have a hard job leaving a club who loves him.

He's also seen the squad, which will help his decision making process, one way or another.

My gut feeling is that we will stay up!

Palace forum seem to think he'll be going to them when we go down :lol:

Yet also mentioned in one of those posts, we're "deluded Geordies" :lol:

They also called us and Sunderland tin pot clubs :lol:

If you look at the three manager interviews, it's clear Rafa is in control and has the most confidence of the three. The idea that we'd have been better off with someone like Allardyce is laughable.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36180339

Interesting observation that and you've got a good point Ian. Rafa looks fairly chilled whilst the fat mess looks like he's about to keel over.

Palace forum seem to think he'll be going to them when we go down :lol:

Yet also mentioned in one of those posts, we're "deluded Geordies" :lol:

They also called us and Sunderland tin pot clubs :lol:

:lol:

I actually felt sorry for that lot at first for having to suffer Pardew but after reading their comments about us over the past season they deserve all they get.

I'm always surprised even some of our own fans don't seem to get this. Just watch Ginola or Nobby Solano giving misty eyed interviews of their time at the club, they got it even if others don't. Rafa's football through and through, he won't want to give up a football city for 20k crowds at Palace or West Brom.