Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I think he cherishes his legacy at Liverpool and relationship with their fans far too greatly to consider Everton a possibility.

He went to Chelsea though. There's more needle between Liverpool and Chelsea fans than Liverpool and Everton. They still sit side by side when they play each other. Yes they share a city but there's not really much of a rivalry there. Like I said on another thread though, he's too good for Everton.

His family lives in Liverpool. I'm not sure he would want all the hatred and hassle it would cause by moving to Everton tbh.

Like I say they sit side by side at the Derby. Don't think there's much hatred there. Mackems love Allardyce yet he used to be our manager and there's genuine hatred there!

Allardyce managed us for about seven months and was largely despised by our fans. Rafa is adored by Liverpool and was there for about 4 or 5 years (I haven't checked).

Allardyce managed us for about seven months and was largely despised by our fans. Rafa is adored by Liverpool and was there for about 4 or 5 years (I haven't checked).

:thup: Allardyce played for the Mackems as well didn't he?

Guest chopey

Not one person currently on the staff knows how to run a club, we don't do anything well apart from sell tickets, Rafa leaving is much more than giving us hope for the future of the first team he gives us hope for the future of the club, if Ashley really wants to take a back seat and watch his investment grow, he's never had a better chance

Not one person currently on the staff knows how to run a club, we don't do anything well apart from sell tickets, Rafa leaving is much more than giving us hope for the future of the first team he gives us hope for the future of the club, if Ashley really wants to take a back seat and watch his investment grow, he's never had a better chance

Good post  O0

I love rafa and I hope to God in heaven he stays ... But all this "he would never go to everton" talk is a pile of balls he would go tomorrow if he could, big club, some cracking players, passionate fan base, he will have money  to spend now cus of these yank investors and the big big factor being his family are still situated in the area ... And all this he wouldn't do it to Liverpool fans is a pile of balls they wouldn't give a f***, there's no animosity between them and Everton at all  it is the "friendly Derby" after all... it would of hurt the scousers far more when he joined chelsea and won European silverware with them ...

They do write nice emails as well every now and then

You should have a read of the Everton forums if you think there's no animosity towards Rafa. He is absolutely detested by Everton fans.

Lets have a banner at the match with the link to one of their forums.

Guest Howaythetoon

Since when do clubs really give a f*** about what their fans think?

Didn't Villa reject Rafa based on fan opinion?

Was that not McClaren?

Nah it was McLiesh

Was that not McClaren?

Nah it was McLiesh

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/13793274

I am sure one of the Liverpool fans on here said that when Benitez was linked with Villa, their fans were not happy.  It may have been nothing more than speculation in the media at the time (similar to our reaction with the current links in the media to Bruce).

Was that not McClaren?

Nah it was McLiesh

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/13793274

I am sure one of the Liverpool fans on here said that when Benitez was linked with Villa, their fans were not happy.  It may have been nothing more than speculation in the media at the time (similar to our reaction with the current links in the media to Bruce).

Aye, I remember a similar story like.

Pretty sure it was when they hired Garde and Rafa was linked to it.

Guest chopey

If Rafa stay's I would be quite happy for him not to speak to the press till the day before our first game in the Championship I would have total faith in him doing a great job that I would require zero spin from him to get me exited for the season ahead.

If Rafa stay's I would be quite happy for him not to speak to the press till the day before our first game in the Championship I would have total faith in him doing a great job that I would require zero spin from him to get me exited for the season ahead.

What's up with all the serious posts all of a sudden chopey man? You alright?