Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I didn't think there's be anything today. After the Rugby there's a lot of cleaning up to do at SJP so the promotional stuff would suck.

I did think it would be announced tomorrow (Tuesday), but with Man U set to announce Mourinho, probably tomorrow, then it might be pushed back to Wednesday.

Why on earth would Man U appointing a manager delay us appointing a manager?

I didn't think there's be anything today. After the Rugby there's a lot of cleaning up to do at SJP so the promotional stuff would suck.

I did think it would be announced tomorrow (Tuesday), but with Man U set to announce Mourinho, probably tomorrow, then it might be pushed back to Wednesday.

Why on earth would Man U appointing a manager delay us appointing a manager?

Delay in announcing, not appointing. Think about it...biggest story in our recent history. They're not going to allow that to be buried under the circle-jerk over Mourinho.

It's basic marketing. And we'll be wanting to squeeze our good news for everything it's worth.

I know the point you're making but the Mourinho media circus will go on for weeks, even if he is appointed tomorrow.

Sooner we get this announced, the better. Shouldn't let any other clubs potential business affect ours.

Doubt the Mourinho appointment will affect our press conference. We won't get huge press if or when it's done, not least as its already almost been confirmed for the past week and a bit

Old news or quickly forgotten.

Delay will be sorting details and all the fine print guarantees.

Doubt the Mourinho appointment will affect our press conference. We won't get huge press if or when it's done, not least as its already almost been confirmed for the past week and a bit

Old news or quickly forgotten.

Delay will be sorting details and all the fine print guarantees.

More like they'll announce he has activated the clause while man u get the press to sweeten the blow

I realise this will sound ridiculous coming from me but you're panicking over nowt. If he was off, we'd know by now. Obviously I don't trust Charnley and Ashley to get everything right, but I'm fairly confident this is all going to be confirmed sooner rather than later.

I realise this will sound ridiculous coming from me but you're panicking over nowt. If he was off, we'd know by now. Obviously I don't trust Charnley and Ashley to get everything right, but I'm fairly confident this is all going to be confirmed sooner rather than later.

:thup:

Also, considering he stated it would take him a couple of weeks to decide, the longer it takes to publicly announce it, the stronger Rafa's mindset (and therefore position) is becoming behind the scenes. And I'm all for that.

:thup: Caulkin said this week, we are one day in, no need to panic just yet. :lol:

A further round of discussions between club MD Lee Charnley and manager Rafa Benitez were scheduled to take place on Monday.

Contact between both parties continued after last week's face to face talks, with written agreements regarding budgets and roles now drafted.

In addition to pre-season plans, Benitez has also been consulted over the future of various players, with confirmation of those to be released, retained or extended, expected in the near future.

Also, considering he stated it would take him a couple of weeks to decide, the longer it takes to publicly announce it, the stronger Rafa's mindset (and therefore position) is becoming behind the scenes. And I'm all for that.

Was just wondering, when is the two weeks up from when Rafa said two weeks? My guess is it'll be sealed on that day.