Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

It'll be interesting to see if we get back up straight away and Benitez starts aiming for Europe whether Ashley will back him all the way

Surely that's what is being written into the contracts now though and why it's taking a while to confirm?

Hearing a lot of talk about people going back for season tickets if this is confirmed.

I know a few that are just waiting to see what happens and are ready to go back.

I live over the Wirral now and haven't given a shite as it's taken the decision away from me, which has never arsed me anyway because I wouldn't have even considered it - but now I wish I was back home so I could get one providing Rafa was re-appointed.

It'll be interesting to see if we get back up straight away and Benitez starts aiming for Europe whether Ashley will back him all the way

Surely that's what is being written into the contracts now though and why it's taking a while to confirm?

I'm tentatively optimistic but there are nagging doubts - not over whether he'll sign but whether what they sign means anything to the regime.

Until such time as Rafa exits the club on good terms, I'll be skeptical that they won't try to fuck him over regardless of assurances/contractual obligations as they have priors. Keeping control might just be worth paying out a few million in comp via a tribunal. Unless the contract has a clause (and I doubt it does) with insane punitive damages, like £100m for breach of terms, that option will always be floating out there for them.

"But that would be the second manager to be dicked over in such a fashion, surely they'd fear the hit on their reputation?" There's always another McClaren/Pardew/Kinnear ready to agree to be a puppet. They don't care if the show is shit as long as they're still the ones running it.

Not trying to be a downer. But I can't shake the doubt and fear.

I think once Carr leaves and rafa has full control of transfers,  ashley will be reluctant to p*ss him off as he knows he can no longer bring in a mouthpiece manager after rafa due to the collapse in the transfer policy that the club has stuck too for so long.

Before it was a case of "here's the players make it work and don't argue". However with rafa that's not the case and I just can't see ashley wanting to go back to that transfer policy ever again.

:lol: The staggering situation where we could end up with more ST holders in the Championship than the Premier League.

well if rafa stays and we are chasing promotion, I'm sure we will paly in front of 50k crowds in the championship.

I think once Carr leaves and rafa has full control of transfers,  ashley will be reluctant to p*ss him off as he knows he can no longer bring in a mouthpiece manager after rafa due to the collapse in the transfer policy that the club has stuck too for so long.

Before it was a case of "here's the players make it work and don't argue". However with rafa that's not the case and I just can't see ashley wanting to go back to that transfer policy ever again.

I agree. I think also having lost a shitload of money trying to do things on the cheap with the inevitable relegation must have finally opened his eyes that you do need a football man in charge at the club. He's lucked out really to have landed one who knows the game inside out. If he doesn't realise that then he's basically brain dead.

Guest Open_C

Bet the new shirt gets revealed on Wednesday.

"We thought it was time to move away from the black and white stripes but we didn't want to brand it after any of Mike's other business interests, so we've made it red and blue to coincide with Rafa's initials" :shifty:  I see what these fuckers are up to :shifty:

This blokes career record is just insane.

A total of 971 games managed,winning 493,drawing 238 and losing just 240! With a GD of + 639.

Win % of 50.77.

We need this man to stay here for the next 10 years.

:lol: The staggering situation where we could end up with more ST holders in the Championship than the Premier League.

Do you honestly think that will happen? I very much doubt it.

Tickets will be cheaper for individual games, and no games will sell out.

Do you honestly think that will happen? I very much doubt it.

Tickets will be cheaper for individual games, and no games will sell out.

4 of us walked away 2 seasons ago against Cardiff and all 4 are going back if Rafa is manager.

Away games only for me!

Aye, same here, which is devastating having returned home after a decade but I'm not giving that cunt a fucking penny.

Will have to see about the most friendly away games to take the bairn to, see if I can get her into it. We've just moved close to Middlesbrough so all she's hearing about is Boro atm. Gonna have to nip that in the bud.

This blokes career record is just insane.

A total of 971 games managed,winning 493,drawing 238 and losing just 240! With a GD of + 639.

Win % of 50.77.

We need this man to stay here for the next 10 years.

Whoa, that IS impressive.

(Fingers crossed thae next three years doesn't destroy it.)