Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

definitely? I'm thinking it's about 70/30 right now.

You're saying this just so you can have a go at people for having a bit of faith in the small possibility that it doesn't happen

You're saying this just so you can have a go at people for having a bit of faith in the small possibility that it doesn't happen

He's saying he's a 7 on the RAFASTAYOMETER.

We have a moody inept owner who does dickhead things on the daily. I think it's perfectly feasible that the relationship breaks down before a contract is signed. I see no reason to be "very confident" of anything right now.

I also said that I think it's 70% likely he will re-sign. I think that's pretty fucking confident tbh. Until I see the press conference / signed contract, I severely doubt I'll ever go beyond 80% given Mike is involved.

I'm basically relying on "in Rafa we trust". God knows Ashley et al. can't be.

I'm not sure Rafa's integrity is a good thing as far as likelihood of him signing goes tbh.

I'm basically relying on "in Rafa we trust". God knows Ashley et al. can't be.

I'm not sure Rafa's integrity is a good thing as far as likelihood of him signing goes tbh.

[emoji38] I didn't say I was on solid ground.

Pretty obvious he's staying at this point, which is f***ing amazing.

Only things on Ashley and the Thumbs list

- Get past season ticket deadline

- Appoint Neil Warnock

I think most people who haven't akresdy renewed are sitting tight until they know who the new manager will be anyway.

Pretty obvious he's staying at this point, which is f***ing amazing.

Only things on Ashley and the Thumbs list

- Get past season ticket deadline

- Appoint Neil Warnock

I think most people who haven't akresdy renewed are sitting tight until they know who the new manager will be anyway.

Not to mention many who pay monthly and prepared to cancel the direct debit.

A further round of discussions between club MD Lee Charnley and manager Rafa Benitez were scheduled to take place on Monday.

Contact between both parties continued after last week's face to face talks, with written agreements regarding budgets and roles now drafted.

In addition to pre-season plans, Benitez has also been consulted over the future of various players, with confirmation of those to be released, retained or extended, expected in the near future.

Loving the bit in bold - Benitez had Aarons score for him and virtually froze Saylor out of the team. Hoping that means Rolando stays and Taylor goes :thup:

Rafa Benitez and Newcastle United have been in talks for more than a week-and-a-half now - and they have progressed to an extremely advanced stage.

A comprehensive and complex contract is being drawn up and, though the lack of movement is frustrating, I understand there is no reason to be unduly concerned at this stage.

My understanding is that Newcastle intend to hold a Press conference once the deal is finalised - which they hope will be later on this week.

Benitez did set a two-week timeframe and, as seemingly with anything Newcastle do, the pace of developments have been agonisingly slow.

From the Chronicle

A complex contract will have a lot of potential for breaches I'd have thought.

It's ok though cos Mike and Lee are extremely competent and trustworthy and I'm sure they won't breach any of the conditions.

Wants everything water tight and I don't blame him in the slightest.

This pretty much :thup: More important that it's bullet proof than being rushed through. We don't want future fuck ups because sloppy mistakes.