Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Aye. Was just that Clements bellend on Twitter saying he'd walked. Same c*** who said we were signing Torres.

Ha ha believe nothing he says as he's a complete wind-up merchant!

First page of this thread is brilliant like.

Spent a lot of last night going through this thread.  Still get dizzy when reading about him being confirmed in the job.

Saw this on a page with an extract from a rag which sent a chill down my spine:

"Newcastle had also sounded out former Manchester United boss David Moyes in the wake of Saturday's 3-1 home defeat to Bournmouth, but the Scotsman is believed to have been much more reluctant to take over a side that have claimed just six league victories all season." 

Fuck!!  Imagine if that happened? :o

First page of this thread is brilliant like.

Spent a lot of last night going through this thread.  Still get dizzy when reading about him being confirmed in the job.

Saw this on a page with an extract from a rag which sent a chill down my spine:

"Newcastle had also sounded out former Manchester United boss David Moyes in the wake of Saturday's 3-1 home defeat to Bournmouth, but the Scotsman is believed to have been much more reluctant to take over a side that have claimed just six league victories all season." 

f***!!  Imagine if that happened? :o

Ironically his current club have claimed just six league victories all season.

http://i3.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article4188314.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/8.jpg

Awaiting  ;)

Not many managers would walk out and meet the fans head on.  Moyes needs to do this.

http://i3.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article4188314.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/8.jpg

Awaiting  ;)

Not many managers would walk out and meet the fans head on.  Moyes needs to do this.

Might go a bit Bob Murray on the quayside.

Awaiting  ;)

Slightly off topic, but Terry Mac was on radio recently promoting his book, and talked about that incident. When KK was told that fans had gathered outside, he said... "I'll go out and talk to them then"... and the board members there and Terry Mac couldn't believe it - none of them wanted to!!

Rafa Benitez and Mike Ashley have met for talks over the way forward for Newcastle United. Benitez and managing director Lee Charnley left the club's training ground by helicopter yesterday for a meeting with Ashley. And the Gazette understands that the discussions over manager Benitez's future, and United's summer transfer strategy, went well. Benitez and Charnley sat down with owner Ashley away from Tyneside to discuss a way forward for the promoted club. Ashley was at St James's Park on Sunday to see Newcastle secure the Championship title on the final day of the season. The billionaire congratulated Benitez and his staff after the match. There has been no comment from Newcastle on the talks between Benitez and Ashley. More to follow Read more at: http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/rafa-benitez-and-mike-ashley-close-to-agreement-after-talks-on-future-at-newcastle-1-8535455

Read more at: http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/rafa-benitez-and-mike-ashley-close-to-agreement-after-talks-on-future-at-newcastle-1-8535455

No matter how much of a prick he is, surely even Ashley couldn't help but get swept up in that atmosphere on Sunday, and that was just for winning the Championship for Christ's sake. Give the man what he wants, we'll all be better off for it.

No matter how much of a prick he is, surely even Ashley couldn't help but get swept up in that atmosphere on Sunday, and that was just for winning the Championship for Christ's sake. Give the man what he wants, we'll all be better off for it.

:thup:

Is this something the club is likely to announce anyway? As far as they're concerned he's got 2 years, can't see them coming out with any statement.

Even if they don't, a report from someone reliable like Caulkin etc etc that he's staying and everything is good is enough for me.

Just some sort of confirmation Ashley has not fucked it up. :lol:

Probably been mentioned by someone on here before, but it's not just a world class manager, amazing and experienced person, perfect fit for this club, but also one that I can see staying here for a long long time provided there's backing and no f*** ups. I like this part because he's basically done it all already and I'm not worried at all about other clubs taking him away from us if we do well in the future, and he still breathes football and craves for more  which I'm certain that he will do until he decides to retire. We won't get a better chance to build this club up to what it can and should be so please don't f*** it up now, or further ahead..

Is this something the club is likely to announce anyway? As far as they're concerned he's got 2 years, can't see them coming out with any statement.

Nah, don't think they would. Perhaps an interview with Rafa or Little Mike at the absolute most.

As has been said before, it's not the meetings that are the problems, it's whether Ashley/Charnley lives up to the promises they make.

Yep, if he has a good stint with us, like at least 4 or 5 years (preferably longer) there's no reason why we can't be making a go of getting into the european places.

Won't happen overnight though. Mid table to top 10 would be a great achievement for next season. We'll kick on year by year though so how high we go will solely depend on how long we can keep him for and also how much Ashley backs him by.

If Ashley lets Rafa build the club back up his way, recruiting, academy, etc. there is no doubt in my mind we will see success on the pitch and we'll be challenging in the top 7 of the table in a few years.