Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Get French Football‏ @GFFN  4 minutes ago

Rafa Benitez's future at Newcastle is delicate owing to strained relations with owner Mike Ashley, per @PhilippeAuclair in France Football.

Newcastle United are in turn following Slaven Bilic's situation at West Ham United very closely, according to France Football.

Hmmm not sure why French media would break this news.

Can't wait to see who he'll bring in now that we're in the Premiership again and so can attract players by virtue of being there/having the money. The only time we've had a manager of his calibre - a winner with continental experience of managing at multiple top tier clubs in the strongest leagues in Europe - was Sir Bobby, and if it weren't for time and the natural aging process being against us we'd have gone on to win things with him and establish ourselves as a real force. For once things seems to be on our side with Rafa, who wants to be here and probably has 20+ years left in him at the very least.

You'd imagine given his personality traits and recent experience that he has a network of contacts throughout Europe and knows some real talent out there that the big boys haven't yet decided to go for. He probably knows everyone that the likes of Real Madrid, Inter, Chelsea, etc, had scouted, and all the good youth prospects from their setups as he probably went to youth games whilst there in addition to doing his research. Our signings over the summer after the relegation have by and large been great and absolutely key to promotion, and this was with Rafa supposedly stating that he couldn't bring in some of the players he wanted to because it's hard when in the Championship! I'm not expecting miracles, but I do imagine with sufficient funds we'll be seeing much better use of Rafa's preferred system (and weaknesses eradicated).

All we need is for Ashley to not fuck things up.

Guest taps01

Aye, the French would be the first to know.

No they wouldn't but based on our recent history how can anyone sit there 100 % confident that Rafa will be our manager come the start of the season.  Seeing these reports despite where they come from only puts more doubt in my mind.

Ill only rest easy once i hear the meeting has taken place and Rafa is now planning for the new season.

Aye, the French would be the first to know.

No they wouldn't but based on our recent history how can anyone sit there 100 % confident that Rafa will be our manager come the start of the season.  Seeing these reports despite where they come from only puts more doubt in my mind.

Ill only rest easy once i hear the meeting has taken place and Rafa is now planning for the new season.

That's kind of the point. The meeting hasn't taken place so what's changed since Sunday (and last night with Rafa taking in the 23s game)?

Guest taps01

Obligatory France Football are known bullshitters and don't know s*** post.

Good to hear

Really confident he'll stay unless things get Wise/Kinnear silly.

Not worried about other clubs poaching him in the slightest.

Yeah. The West Ham carry on is tosh like. Anything Ashley related is just wait and see.

Really confident he'll stay unless things get Wise/Kinnear silly.

Not worried about other clubs poaching him in the slightest.

This, the only way he'll leave, I suspect, is if the club fuck it up themselves.