Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

last year was apalling. It was either be ahead in 10 minutes, or the moans and groans started.

I thought atmosphere was canny in home games vs Leeds, Birmingham in the league and Norwich. All the others were dead as far as I can remember.

What about Barnsley last game?

last year was apalling. It was either be ahead in 10 minutes, or the moans and groans started.

I thought atmosphere was canny in home games vs Leeds, Birmingham in the league and Norwich. All the others were dead as far as I can remember.

What about Barnsley last game?

Aye fair enough, Barnsley as well. I probably have a shit recollection but only those 4 games mentioned stick out for me.

Delighted to hear he's happy again. Lets keep it that way as well.

Reading the quotes it seems he's not that impressed with our transfer efforts but he's accepted the situation after resorting to a few veiled threats to the board to get some movement. He desperately wants to be here, that much is evident. It just might take a bit longer than we first thought to start aiming high again. Next season will be one of consolidation and I'm ok with that for now.

I just hope him wanting to be here, forming a bond with the fans, Isnt seen as some sort of dream ticket for Ashley- world class manager ,and Fans who's loyalty he can exploit.

TF podcast makes for an interesting listen. Basically we've not got that much money so the chances of us breaking the transfer record are slim to nil, missed out on first targets so it's needs must to fill gaps in squad now and everyone needs to calm the fuck down.

More modern football tbh. Atmosphere last year was better than under Souness, Roeder etc. Winning matches makes the punters happy.

I thought the atmosphere was shite last year at times. The worst I can remember, not in a "everyone whinging all the time" sense but people losing their rag over really minor things. Maybe it was an issue of expectations, but there were some games I was embarrassed by some of our supporters.

The I was in the corner last year and in L7 during the Souness years etc so difficult to compare like for like  :lol:

TF podcast makes for an interesting listen. Basically we've not got that much money so the chances of us breaking the transfer record are slim to nil, missed out on first targets so it's needs must to fill gaps in squad now and everyone needs to calm the fuck down.

I can't decide whether I feel better or worse after listening to that TBH. So much depends on Rafa's ability to find players he finds acceptable and that can play in the PL but are also cheap. It's not easy but he seems to be doing OK so far.

And almost no chance he'll leave, which is obviously class.

Would be interesting to know who the players we missed out on were. Abraham is the obvious one we all know about.

Reckon Caballero will definitely be one. They also mentioned Nathan Ake.

Would be interesting to know who the players we missed out on were. Abraham is the obvious one we all know about.

And Caballero, both free/loans so not really to do with money I'd have thought. Be interesting who the actual 4 were. Got the impression from the talk in scripts that it wasn't just the money, but also the players/agents were just not as interested as we'd hoped, and we switched tack to younger players enthused about the club/project.

Why don't we have much money is what I'm wondering, everyone is flush with cash apart from us?

Ashley has been fairly straight in the sense that the club pays for itself now, he won't take owt out, nor put anything in.

Until we generate as much as the other Prem clubs, we'll be at a disadvantage.

Why don't we have much money is what I'm wondering, everyone is flush with cash apart from us?

Ashley hasn't got the foggiest of how football works and has employed buffons to run the club.  Allowing Little Lee and Carr to hire Steve McLaren and relegate us in one of the most important prem seasons ever, finance wise.

Other clubs who weren't relegated have a superior financial starting point.  Ashley never seemed to have learnt his lesson from 2009.  Hiring the right people wont cost you MONEY.

Reckon Caballero will definitely be one. They also mentioned Nathan Ake.

Good chance Cairney is one of them too.

Sad but true.

I believe the correct pronunciation is 'Sad buh trruuuuuuaaaaaaaGGGH'

:lol: Definitely :thup:

:lol: Reminds me of Slash's autobiography, where he is talking about James Hetfield banging some chick at his pad. He claims that James was in the room going, "Oh yeah-ah! I like it like that-ah!"

Guest firetotheworks

Sad but true.

I believe the correct pronunciation is 'Sad buh trruuuuuuaaaaaaaGGGH'

[emoji38] Definitely :thup:

[emoji38] Reminds me of Slash's autobiography, where he is talking about James Hetfield banging some chick at his pad. He claims that James was in the room going, "Oh yeah-ah! I like it like that-ah!"

[emoji38] [emoji38] Absolutely creased.

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/in/whats-on/merino-joins-manquillo-and-jacob/224/

Today we welcome Mikel Merino, who has just joined our project, and also Javier Manquillo and Jacob Murphy, who joined a few days ago in the middle of our intensive pre-season schedule, with training sessions and friendly matches. All three are young players, with great futures and much to contribute to our team, including making it more competitive for the new season. Welcome Mikel, Javier and Jacob.We continue to work in pursuit of our goal. COME ON TOONS !!!

:smitten: