Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Wish he would stop playing Gayle up front on his own. Don't think that will work in this league. Doesn't have the physicality or at the minute, effort for it.

Diame is an absolute knackered dud. Strange sub to make, would have thought a formation change / Mitro or Aarons on would have made more sense.

learning process? f***ing bullshit.

Anyone in the first team squad who needs to learn shouldn't be there.

Ridiculous comment as per.

Surely we should have learned last season how to beat championship teams away from home.

We haven't improved, they have. They're much less of a championship team than we are at the moment.

They are still shite as well, that's what makes our position even more worrying.

Agree Huddersfield bang average and we were so pedestrian and lacking in ideas and you could tell we wre not going to score

Surely we should have learned last season how to beat championship teams away from home.

We haven't improved, they have. They're much less of a championship team than we are at the moment.

The Aldi Klopp must know what he's doing then.

Guest firetotheworks

They've improved by spending money on new players, if it wasn't already obvious from what I said.

I imagine the learning comment is because he's been focusing on defence first and the attacking training side is taking a secondary focus, at the moment, especially with makeshift players at the back. Privately, I imagine he's looked at simply getting some points from the first 2 games, be solid, get the shape right and get going in a pretty low key manner. Not necessarily wins but some points.

These first 2 games have felt a lot like the first 2 games of last season. Feeling things out, some experimenting, laboured play, attacking seeming a bit disjointed. I do expect we will improve, but he needs to settle more on the game plans pretty quickly, IMO. Setting up for the counter and then leaving out your quickest players doesn't seem very smart, on the face of it.

Every thread, every fucking thread.

Who do you want, Pardew back?

They've improved by spending money on new players, if it wasn't already obvious from what I said.

Weve only spent £10m less and they had more work to do.

The original point from Grumpy  was that anyone still learning shouldn't be on the pitch. We're fishing around the bargain basement for 5 mill players and loans. The only players we will get are ones that need to learn or improve on aspects of their game.

Guest firetotheworks

Only £10m [emoji38] Disagree about them needing to buy more as well. I'd have replaced everyone bar Ritchie, Shelvey, and Gayle and even then they wouldn't have been guaranteed starts.

Only £10m [emoji38] Disagree about them needing to buy more as well. I'd have replaced everyone bar Ritchie, Shelvey, and Gayle and even then they wouldn't have been guaranteed starts.

If you were a Huddersfield town fan you'd be asking for the whole team to be replaced, or did they have a better squad than ours last year?

Ps £10m is half the amount we need to spend on just one player this window to spark some life in to the team. However with what he's got he should be winning games like this, no excuses.

If you were a Huddersfield town fan you'd be asking for the whole team to be replaced, or did they have a better squad than ours last year?

Huddersfield are still shit as well despite their opening two wins. Let's see where they are by Christmas.

Guest palnese

Ps £10m is half the amount we need to spend on just one player this window to spark some life in to the team. However with what he's got he should be winning games like this, no excuses.

He stated that both Huddersfield and Reading had better squads than ours last season :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not a Huddersfield Town fan so I can't answer that, but again, they've spent £10m more than us and are a much smaller club who are here for the first time. Is that the measure of us as a club and our spending?? Exactlyoint are you making here?

Huddersfield are still shit as well despite their opening two wins. Let's see where they are by Christmas.

Probably still in Huddersfield.

I'm not a Huddersfield Town fan so I can't answer that, but again, they've spent £10m more than us and are a much smaller club who are here for the first time. Is that the measure of us as a club and our spending?? Exactlyoint are you making here?

The point is the much smaller club with shitter players and the Aldi Klopp have 6pts on the board and we've got sweet fa. Rafa needs to do more with what he's got.

Guest firetotheworks

The point is the much smaller club with shitter players and the Aldi Klopp have 6pts on the board and we've got sweet fa. Rafa needs to do more with what he's got.

Shitter players? We've already established that they've improved upon their team. If that's your point then it's a poor one.

No, the point is they're still shit despite the 6 points so using the Aldi Klopp as a yardstick is not much of  a point at all.

We should be looking to win games like this, that's quite true. It was a poor performance. Better players would make it easier though.

However by that same logic Spurs should easily be beating us, so there's no real need to panic.

Guest firetotheworks

He stated that both Huddersfield and Reading had better squads than ours last season [emoji38]

Who did?

Mike Ashley like this.

Guest palnese

He stated that both Huddersfield and Reading had better squads than ours last season [emoji38]

Who did?

You did.

Shitter players? We've already established that they've improved upon their team. If that's your point then it's a poor one.

So have we. I'm sure if we bought their players People wouldn't be happy and would want more. Still done a number on us though. Apparently it doesn't matter who they buy we'll be ahead of them by xmas anyway.

Guest firetotheworks

Who did?

You did.

Ah right, squads. Yeah, I stand by it. Even at that level, beyond Shelvey, Gayle, Ritchie, and Clark, most of our players were average Championship players. So as you'd expect, they're not likely to do all that well in the Premier League now that they haven't been improved upon. I'm very much of a 'Rafa has worked wonders with what he has' mindset, whereas it seems like you seem to think all of the team's problems are tactical. Fair enough, you do you and all that.