Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I do wonder if part of the problem Rafa is referring to about promises made to him is maybe our stance on not accepting low offers for our players? If the money is there and it's just squad numbers being the issue, maybe his real frustration is that we're rubbish at offloading?

I really think people are being impatient with all this guesswork about what's going on behind the scenes. All will be revealed in the unfair dismissal tribunal where the judge will ask Ashley to apologize to Rafa and the fans again. We've seen all this before.

To be honest though,

""We knew when we were in the Championship that we needed to sign players for the Championship and now we have to move people."

pretty much equals that headline even if it is slightly dramatic.

You've got to say it's a pretty negative spin on it, though.

Guest firetotheworks

As far as I'm concerned no one should be allowed to put anything in quotations that hasn't been said ad verbatim.

I don't think Ashley realised just how damaging that interview was. The comment about us not spending like Man City for example was infuriating. Rafa specifically addressed that point in a following interview when he said we don't want to compete with Man City but we do want to compete with middle of the table sides and those below. Imagine how angry Rafa must have been listening to that.

For a billionaire he's pretty dim.

I have a President I'd like to introduce you to :lol:

I don't think Ashley realised just how damaging that interview was. The comment about us not spending like Man City for example was infuriating. Rafa specifically addressed that point in a following interview when he said we don't want to compete with Man City but we do want to compete with middle of the table sides and those below. Imagine how angry Rafa must have been listening to that.

For a billionaire he's pretty dim.

I have a President I'd like to introduce you to :lol:

One of the few backwards steps we could make as far as our owner goes.

He also says that some players, despite knowing they have no place, won't leave because they don't like the money on offer (wages).

It's Luke Edwards sorry my mistake, but yeah not positive at all.

Dont know like. I was as negative as owt but watched Rafa's presser and he certainly knows how to gee you back up again.  Whatever happens, he's basically saying that he's got this.

I just hope he's hanging around regardless in the hope that a takeover does materialise out of nowhere.

He also says that some players, despite knowing they have no place, won't leave because they don't like the money on offer (wages).

No doubt the mercenaries will spin it as "fighting for their place" too. Fucking hate these kinds of players.