Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article7531839.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Steve-McClaren-leaves-a-training-session.jpg

Looks like his house is being raided.

Jeff from Byker Grove now working as an NUFC security guard.

Craig Hope saying that we want Benitez and Benitez wants us, and the hold up is possibly down to compo package for McClaren.

He said next summer's budget and sorting SMC's compo.

I wouldn't be surprised if our tiny legal team have just had their hands full with the Rafa deal and haven't had time to deal with Steve. Probably why Steve looked miffed this morning. "Those f***ers said it would be today" kind of thing.

Also he fully expects Benitez to be in charge for Leicester game.

Swear this "he's got no relegation experience" argument is bullshit.  What does that even mean?  We need to win games, he wins games. What more "experience" does he need?

Yes but winning games when you cant win games is not the same as when you win games when you can win games.. for some reason.  :laugh:

There must be loads to sort out considering the whole thing is being overhauled. We just have to see what transpires. But the silence from both the club and Rafa's people has given me more confidence really.

Guest reefatoon

Swear this "he's got no relegation experience" argument is bullshit.  What does that even mean?  We need to win games, he wins games. What more "experience" does he need?

Exactly, it's baffling. He has no experience there because he wins games and is fucking good at what he does. Shite like Hippo heed have experience there because they are crap and constantly have their teams struggling. Give me a Benitez any day of the week.

Hope he doesn't have to do a physical or mental medical

I hope he has to do a truly mental medical... like eating a ham and pease pudding stottie in under two minutes, whilst maintaining 100 rpm on an exercise bike, or keeping his pulse rate under 90 whilst watching Cheryl Fernando-Mancini Fersini-Virdandez Tweedy,  gusset-rummaging.

What formation will we actually go with under him. Bound to be 4-2-3-1, he loves that formation doesn't he.

I was reading about his love of zonal marking today and how Liverpool conceded least set pieces for 2 seasons and his Valencia team conceding least goals in league.

Hope he can sort us immediately

What formation will we actually go with under him. Bound to be 4-2-3-1, he loves that formation doesn't he.

I was reading about his love of zonal marking today and how Liverpool conceded least set pieces for 2 seasons and his Valencia team conceding least goals in league.

http://e1.365dm.com/14/06/16-9/20/479371713_3154639.jpg?20140607173255

He's got the right tools for the job. Our defence is nothing but tools  :cheesy:

Yup :thup: Would love to know how these journos can be so confident. They often stick their reputations/necks on the line, so there must be some solid info.

Journalists are awful, they all copy off each other and usually have no source what so ever, all they care about is selling papers, website hits and twitter followers.

He's got the right tools for the job. Our defence is nothing but tools  :cheesy:

:lol: Even this dude surely can't spin a silk purse from our sow's ears!

Yup :thup: Would love to know how these journos can be so confident. They often stick their reputations/necks on the line, so there must be some solid info.

Journalists are awful, they all copy off each other and usually have no source what so ever, all they care about is selling papers, website hits and twitter followers.

Aye, and in that same vein...some more speculative stuff...albeit interesting (the salary line):

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-set-pay-rafa-benitez-7533744

We could get Andrew Sachs to ring the Mirror office and put on his Manuel accent and they would probably believe them

http://e1.365dm.com/14/06/16-9/20/479371713_3154639.jpg?20140607173255

http://e0.365dm.com/13/09/16-9/20/fabrizio-coloccini-newcastle-united_3004859.jpg?20140123120815