Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Presenter on Talksport raising doubts over whether he's the right man for the championship.  Not got the experience down there apparently.

Bellends.

The way some people talk about the championship is nuts, it's just a league full of limited teams, we heard all this guff last time we went down. They talk about it like it's a 15 round fight with a grizzly bear.

:lol:

Karanka?  Alex Neil a couple of seasons ago? Sheffield Wednesday might still get promoted and their manager wasn't experienced in that league.

It's just great. I think it's his obvious and genuine respect for the club and the fans that has touched me the most. He's got straight to the heart. And it's just wonderful that someone of his quality and professionalism should be actually willing to drop down a league and take this job on, in such times as these.

Speechless really - Best relegation ever!

Hard to put into words the impact this man has had on the club, fanbase and city. Even with Keegan at the time he was an unknown quantity, Sir Bobby was coming home at the end of his career. This feels like a combination of Sir Bobby and Keegan appointments yet still completely new. In terms of respect, this man has no connection with the club, is at the peak of his Career yet still came to us and despite dropping a division and likely getting more attractive offers has bought into the club and is sticking with us. My admiration for his humble sacrifice to try and make this club great again has no words.

Thank you Rafa.

"Benitez will have day-to-day responsibility for all football-related matters at the club."

YES!!!

:lol: What's even the point of little lee then?

"Charnley to stay on in a non-impact role as the fans enjoy clowning on him too much."

I'm loving the mackem take on this: http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/05/sunderland-fans-said-rafa-benitez-staying-newcastle-news-classic-newcastle-united/?

This:

‘I’m not blaming him solely for the whole season. I’m saying he had a very realistic opportunity to keep them up when he took over, and was a failure. Ergo I fail to see what the hysteria about him staying is about.’

and this:

‘They can pretend to be happy all they want but it’ll be killing them being in our shadow again.’

and this:

‘Never has abject failure been more openly celebrated, it’s like some sort of mass hypnosis.’

Bitter much, lolz!  :snod:

Guest reefatoon

Hard to put into words the impact this man has had on the club, fanbase and city. Even with Keegan at the time he was an unknown quantity, Sir Bobby was coming home at the end of his career. This feels like a combination of Sir Bobby and Keegan appointments yet still completely new. In terms of respect, this man has no connection with the club, is at the peak of his Career yet still came to us and despite dropping a division and likely getting more attractive offers has bought into the club and is sticking with us. My admiration for his humble sacrifice to try and make this club great again has no words.

Thank you Rafa.

Wow, that's a massive post for being speechless.

Thank you Rafa.

Wow, that's a massive post for being speechless.

Good thing I never spoke a word then ;)