Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

my lass is gonna do that thing where she shouts loads and remembers all the bad things, she finishes a 6 on a weds and Ive done shite all since getting the bairn from school- she will blow when I'm,' waiting for Rafa news....'

Guest Howaythetoon

Rafa is very much like Mourinho, he's a trophy winner. He will win trophies wherever he goes 9 times out of 10, if its not titles its cups. Unlike Mourinho, however, Rafa is more adept at creating a legacy and building something beyond the first-team or squad. See Liverpool for example.

For me Rafa is one of if not the best out there tactically. I would fancy our chances in a one off game with Rafa against anyone. What Rafa lacks compared to others is where the actual aesthetics of his football is concerned. Like Mourinho, it isn't pretty, it isn't cavalier and it isn't exciting.

But it works!

And because of that I would say that Rafa, just like Mourinho, could go to any of the world's best club's and succeed and that is why he is one of the very best in the game. Rafa will completely transform NUFC if backed and the good news for Toon fans is he has a hard on for the Premier League title. You can guarantee during talks with Ashley Rafa will have asked him if he would want to see NUFC go for the title because that's what Rafa is in the game for - winning titles. Leagues and cups.

The fact he looks like he is staying is absolutely huge because it shows that he actually believes in this mad b****** club and it appears Ashley may now start believing too. Although I can still see a day when Rafa walks because of being p*ssed around. Let him run the showand give him sufficient funds, however, and this could be KK all over again. A real rise from the ashes.

3 years isn't long enough, however. He needs 5 minimum.

By the way I've been working away in Liverpool recently and while he is loved by LFC fans, he is respected by the other side too, if not exactly liked as a manager. He had some treatment at a Liverpool hospital (something to do with his heart I was told) and after the treatment he donated 50K of his own money to the hospital for medical equipment.

We've just landed a good 'un, one of the best.

f***ing hell!  :yikes: