Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Surely the training ground currently has 3G pitches and he's just wanting to upgrade to the newest style pitch? I doubt they're playing on a worse surface than say, the soccerdome. :lol:

I assumed they just played on concrete.

Mind blowing that you never had a 4G pitch or staff to look after new foreign signings. I thought Everton were badly run under Kenwright but even we've had staff doing that for the last 10/15 years :lol: 

"Ashley's done a good job up there".

Same as Pardew.

I'll bet our gym was just a room with loads of random heavy things in it.

"Now lift that television fifteen times and then do three dead lifts with that half keg of Heineken. Remember to lift with your back lads!"

I thought 4G wasn't even a recognised generation? Like the FA recognise 3G but there's no international standard for the 4th generation :undecided:

Is it now a recognised standard?

It's just marketing spiel I think. There's 5G and 6G as well.

Love how he talks about the NUFC foundation and how he wants the club to have a closer connection to schools and charities across the region.  He also talks about more open training sessions and holding tournaments for local kids etc..

The bloke is class, he really is.  It's more than just the first 11 on a match day, it's the whole club from top to bottom and how it connects to the community.  He just gets it.  I'm sure our support next season will be amazing home and away, we won't go unbeaten but we might go unbeaten at SJP again like last time. 

Wall of noise at home. We're going to make SJP a nightmare for any team. Hopefully we'll get a home match versus a PL Team in the cup and level them as well. Would be something man. Love this manager.

The bit about bringing someone in who can speak to players in their natural language is genius too.

Didn't Pardew once say that the only language allowed is English only?!

Rafa is definitely putting his vision into place, he sees us as his baby and it will be fantastic to see how things are in 5-10 years time.

The bit about bringing someone in who can speak to players in their natural language is genius too.

Didn't Pardew once say that the only language allowed is English only?!

Rafa is definitely putting his vision into place, he sees us as his baby and it will be fantastic to see how things are in 5-10 years time.

Just need him to save enough money to buy the club.

I know it's been said before on here but I don't care if I'm repeating the sentiment. I've been reading some of the recent Rafa pieces in the Chron and he just oozes class, common sense, competence and professionalism which garners my trust to the Nth degree.

This guy has done more in a few short weeks to reignite this club than any of these so called managers/head coaches before him over the last few years. Still getting a warm fuzzy feeling when I think about him being our boss.

Just imagining how the buzz in the Championship was last time when we were walking the league; I cant imagine the madness should we better that season and build some class momentum under Rafa.

"Now lift that television fifteen times and then do three dead lifts with that half keg of Heineken. Remember to lift with your back lads!"

A bit like a gym version of Funland, The Field, Craggy island?

Could we have appointed a better manager than Rafa? I doubt it. I can't praise him highly enough for what he's done so far, he's simply the perfect appointment for us in every way, he's going to be a legend.

The stuff about the training ground reminds me of the Keegan quotes from his first stint as boss, when he talked about "smelling the bleach" and cleaning up the training ground. :love:

He's so much in the mould of KK and BR. A totally different class from others. He absolutely recognises it's about the fans.

This is the very thing. He doesn't have to try a prove himself to anyone really, he's not desperate, not prostituting his principles just to rub shoulders with the big boys or validate his own ego.

:lol:  I heard the only equipment in there was traffic cones.