Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Rafa loves football and that's why he's a success, he never seems to tire of the game.  He works his bollocks off because it's what gives him a buzz and we have to keep him, he's almost irreplaceable for us.  You would think that a manager who has won the Champions League would p*ss in the trophy that we won yesterday but Rafa loved it. He didn't seem to take that winners medal off for hours after the game, he doesn't seem to care what he wins, he just wants to win.

Nail on head!

We are so lucky to have him!

Where does he actually stay now? Is he commuting daily from somewhere far? His family is in Liverpool right? You would have thought after yesterday, any normal football manager would be at home with their family at the end of a long gruelling season instead of watching an u-23 game on a Monday night. This guy is a Legend.

I don't know if he's still there, would seem a bit bizarre if he was, but he was in the Jesmond Dene Hotel for quite a while.

He stayed at the Hilton when he first arrived.

Has a house in Jesmond now not far from Jesmond Dene House actually.

Yikes, we're practically neighbours.  :smitten:

Matz Sels on the pitch yesterday, most of the squad on the drink and probably got smashed. He had to play today! :lol:

He was allowed on the vodkas, didn't make a difference.

Matz Sels on the pitch yesterday, most of the squad on the drink and probably got smashed. He had to play today! [emoji38]

Nah he missed the shots.

Where does he actually stay now? Is he commuting daily from somewhere far? His family is in Liverpool right? You would have thought after yesterday, any normal football manager would be at home with their family at the end of a long gruelling season instead of watching an u-23 game on a Monday night. This guy is a Legend.

I don't know if he's still there, would seem a bit bizarre if he was, but he was in the Jesmond Dene Hotel for quite a while.

"Look at me" etc ;)

Matz Sels on the pitch yesterday, most of the squad on the drink and probably got smashed. He had to play today! [emoji38]

Nah he missed the shots.

Damn!!!!  :lol:

Guest chopey

Get yourself around and borrow a cup of his winners sugar.

Nah he missed the shots.

:lol:

Where does he actually stay now? Is he commuting daily from somewhere far? His family is in Liverpool right? You would have thought after yesterday, any normal football manager would be at home with their family at the end of a long gruelling season instead of watching an u-23 game on a Monday night. This guy is a Legend. He's just killing time by doing his job.

Tbf, he's probably not going to go back to Wirral right away when he's going to have a meeting with Ashley and I'm sure some other typical end of the season stuff this week

That shirt looks circa 2010. Why the hell did Villa produce a banner calling Rafa a fat Spanish waiter? What the f*** is it with them and banners.

I think he was being mentioned as a replacement for Houllier in 2011 and some of them didn't want him, they ended up with Alex McLeish instead.  :lol:

Guest neesy111

That shirt looks circa 2010. Why the hell did Villa produce a banner calling Rafa a fat Spanish waiter? What the f*** is it with them and banners.

I think he was being mentioned as a replacement for Houllier in 2011 and some of them didn't want him, they ended up with Alex McLeish instead.  :lol:

tenor.gif

Aye, I remember that being mentioned by Liverpool fans when Rafa came here. I didn't know they made a fucking banner though. :lol: Thought it was just daft cunts on the internet or something.

Edit: https://www.villatalk.com/topic/5065-the-next-villa-manager-part-3/

Aye, I remember that being mentioned by Liverpool fans when Rafa came here. I didn't know they made a f***ing banner though. :lol: Thought it was just daft c***s on the internet or something.

:lol: I wonder how they feel about the banner now. 

Guest chopey

Looking at yesterday's photos Rafa's right hand man doesn't arf look like where's Wally without the suit.

Aye, I remember that being mentioned by Liverpool fans when Rafa came here. I didn't know they made a fucking banner though. :lol: Thought it was just daft cunts on the internet or something.

Edit: https://www.villatalk.com/topic/5065-the-next-villa-manager-part-3/

jim so wise

He didn't want us to concede so we would finish the season as (equal) top scorers and with the equal best defence with Brighton. How he finds small targets for improvement, even when resigned to finishing runners-up, tells you everything you need to know about this guy.

:smitten:

The man just loves trophies, doesn’t he? Not a bad little collection! It still baffles me how many red and whiters state that he has been a failure since Liverpool! Bitter twerps!

Manager

Real Madrid U-19s

• Spain U-19 League: 1992–93[citation needed]

• Spain U-19 Cup: 1990–91,[citation needed] 1992–93[citation needed]

Extremadura

• Segunda División promotion: 1997–98[citation needed]

Tenerife

• Segunda División promotion: 2000–01[citation needed]

Valencia

• La Liga: 2001–02,[citation needed] 2003–04[citation needed]

• UEFA Cup: 2003–04[citation needed]

Liverpool

• FA Cup: 2005–06[citation needed]

• FA Community Shield: 2006[citation needed]

• UEFA Champions League: 2004–05[citation needed]

• UEFA Super Cup: 2005[citation needed]

Inter Milan

• Supercoppa Italiana: 2010[citation needed]

• FIFA Club World Cup: 2010[citation needed]

Chelsea

• UEFA Europa League: 2012–13[citation needed]

Napoli

• Coppa Italia: 2013–14[citation needed]

• Supercoppa Italiana: 2014[citation needed]

Newcastle United

• EFL Championship: 2016–17[131]

Individual

• La Liga Best Coach: 2002[citation needed]

• UEFA Manager of the Year: 2003–04,[citation needed] 2004–05[citation needed]

• LMA Special Merit Award: 2006[citation needed]

• Premier League Manager of the Month: November 2005,[citation needed] December 2005,[citation needed] January 2007,[citation needed] October 2008,[citation needed] March 2009,[citation needed] April 2013[citation needed]

• EFL Championship Manager of the Month: October 2016[citation needed]

Guest neesy111

When I went and did the Mestella tour at Valencia, he is considered their greatest manager.