Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest Redcustard

Hi guys,

Liverpool fan is peace here. Just wanted to congratulate on the appointment of Rafa. You've finally after all these years got yourselves a top manager and a damn nice fella as well. :) And if we didn't have Jurgen Klopp I'd be really jealous of you. I love the bones of this man.

I just hope he can keep you up. Those 6-pointers are going to be vitally important. Win them and you'll stay up imo. If you can do that and he remains beyond this season, with time and a lot of patience he'll build you a side you can all be proud of. First of all he'll try and make you hard to beat and build from there. It will be far from pretty at times and don't expect loads of attacking flair and excitement. Not at first anyway. Expect him to bring in a lot of hard working players with strong personalities and leadership qualities. He values all that above any fancy-dann individual brilliance. Hard work and team ethic is key to a Rafa Benitez side.

The emphasis Benitez puts in the team over individuals is so edifying, the hallmark of a top manager and the complete antithesis of what we've had since Hughton. It yields the best results.

How amazing does this feel? As with the many posts I've read on here, I was asked by friends last night: "you're all chipper and s***, what's up? you get laid"? No my friends, I didn't get laid. It's even better. We have Rafa Benitez. Its amazing the impact that optimism about your football team can have on one's mood and outlook.

Thanks to all the LFC supporters getting on here to wish us well and let us know what we're in for. There's no room for hesitation or doubt. It is an absolute must that the entire city gets behind the club, the manager and the players. Despite the problems we have, we must have the belief that we can beat anybody. It's all about attitude from here forth. I'm actually glad we have that game in hand now, even if it's against Man City, as I now believe we have a proper chance to beat them.

Guest Redcustard

Give him time and you'll grow to love him like we still do.

I'm going to be watching you very carefully from here on in. It'll be very interesting to see how Rafa deals with being in a relegation scrap. You've just got to hope that 10 games is enough to keep you up. The tyne and wear derby is going to be a really tasty affair, what with everything that is riding on it and the fact there is absolutely no love lost between Rafa and Fat Sam.

Guest Redcustard

it does make sense to employ british managers in prem league especially english ones.  the press will give them easy ride no matter how s**** they do.

Does it though mate? How many top British managers are out there? Brendan is probably the best and he doesn't even have a job. Sod the English press. Most of them are clueless berks who think Roy Hodgson is a top manager.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rafa-benitez-sam-allardyce-set-7540669

Funny stuff - like him even more after reading that.

"I think he is a model for all the managers all around the world,” joked Benitez.

“His style of football, his behaviour, everything.

“He is the perfect role model for all the kids. I am sure parents will enjoy this model and encourage their kids to be the same.

“I also think Barcelona are trying to copy his style of football.”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's really refreshing listening to Liverpool fans who only have good things to say about him.  When was the last time we got a manager who was universally loved by fans of his old club?

Guest Redcustard

It's really refreshing listening to Liverpool fans who only have good things to say about him.  When was the last time we got a manager who was universally loved by fans of his old club?

It's because were other sets of fans and certain people in the media openly mock us for the way we are as a fan base, Rafa instantly got us. He got what the club was about, what the fan base wanted and how much football meant to the people of Liverpool. He allowed himself to fall in love with the club and we in turn fell in love with him. It obviously helped he was pretty successful in his time with us mind you.

Give him time and you'll grow to love him like we still do.

I'm going to be watching you very carefully from here on in. It'll be very interesting to see how Rafa deals with being in a relegation scrap. You've just got to hope that 10 games is enough to keep you up. The tyne and wear derby is going to be a really tasty affair, what with everything that is riding on it and the fact there is absolutely no love lost between Rafa and Fat Sam.

He will be given time here, we get tarred and feathered as not liking any managers but that's not true we don't like bluffers and shite managers.  Good managers get time and it will be no different for Benitez, he will love it here.  As you've probably noticed, the whole place has been given a lift and that goes beyond this forum.  People who don't normally bother with football are talking about us getting Rafa.

I think the club has changed since Pardew left and it's changed for the better, I think Benitez will get all of the backing he needs to be successful here and I think the fans will see any progress as success.

We don't expect trophies, few clubs could go almost 50 years and still get the support that we get.  If anything our support has probably been one of our problems because too many have accepted shite for too long.

Anyway, that's all in the past and we're hopefully going to turn the corner and we can start to enjoy our football again, Benitez will be idolised by getting the basics right because we aren't even used to that.

Our players aren't as bad as our league position suggests, they're totally unmotivated and I think that changed yesterday.  I would guess that the whole club will gain a new level of motivation and it's going to be brilliant seeing and hearing a Newcastle crowd who are no longer apathetic.

What kind of football does he tend to play? I know he's not an attacking manager as such but from memory he likes to pass the ball around and not hoof it iirc.

Is it quick tempo? does he like to use wingers to cross balls in?

The most pleasing thing was that there was no f****** about.  Got them straight in for training, no doubt drilling into them what standards he expects. Straight into the dugout for Leicester, coaching staff in place.  Let's just crack and get some results

Guest Redcustard

Also when he left he donated 96K of his own money to the HJC(Hillsborough Justice campaign). Because that's the type of guy he is.