Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Realise it sounds daft me saying that given Rafa's credentials but I've just had such a gut full of Ashley that I don't believe he won't find some way to turn this into yet another shitfest.

:thup:

It's hard.  This club has become a bottomless pit of cynicism and negativity, rightly so

He comes across as a nice fella, but at the same time he just oozes class and commands respect - he's the real deal fellas. Now we do have SOME decent players who for whatever reason have been Pardewed/McLarened - they have no excuse now they're working with one of the best managers on the planet.

That Rafa: My Story video, where he talks about the Liverpool owners trying to run it like a business, has he heard of Mike Ashley? Ominous f***ing s*** that like.

I'm sure he's clever enough to have had assurances about where he stands, even the job title suggests that he's covered everything from his point of view.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20150610/steve-mcclaren-appointed-head-coach_2281670_4782996

Newcastle United are delighted to announce the appointment of Steve McClaren as the Club's new head coach.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160311/rafa-benitez-confirmed-as-newcastle-manager_2281670_5411873

Newcastle United is delighted to announce the appointment of Rafa Benitez as the Club's new manager.

I may be getting carried away here, but with this appointment, I can see an end game from Ashley. Much more sellable asset still in the PL with Rafa in charge. This appointment is so unlike him. Full control as manager, big wage, new staff, he'll not be pushed around... All total opposite to what I'd expect. This is a huge move. With only 10 games left? It's all or nothing now. Balls on the table. Hopefully we stay up and then he fucks off. Optimistic I know

This is it. This is the last hand to be played. One last gasp effort to turn this club around for good. Failure just simply isn't an option.

We've got Benitez because the situation is desperate. Ashley/the club needed to make a good football decision now more than they ever have.

Whether this means a change in tack will follow; i.e. letting football people do the football stuff without interfering to the point of being a hindrance; we'll just have to wait and see. That would be great, and we can rebuild. But you wouldn't put it past them to maintain their arrogance and let things go tits up before they've even had a chance to go right.

It's the final test where that is concerned, the mantra of the club. If we go down now it's simply because we got him too late, but if we stay up and still fail to improve, it'll confirm once and for all that there's literally no hope under Ashley.

I may be getting carried away here, but with this appointment, I can see an end game from Ashley. Much more sellable asset still in the PL with Rafa in charge. This appointment is so unlike him. Full control as manager, big wage, new staff, he'll not be pushed around... All total opposite to what I'd expect. This is a huge move. With only 10 games left? It's all or nothing now. Balls on the table. Hopefully we stay up and then he f***s off. Optimistic I know

We've spent the best part of £80 million to go backwards, spending the same to go forwards would be a no brainer.  Charnley, Carr and Moncur have all screwed up and put their easy jobs at risk, screwing a good manager doesn't make sense and they will know that.

I'll almost guarantee our defence is sorted in the summer if we do stay up.  We'll not be buying more midfielders while we can't score or keep a clean sheet.  Benitez is their potential get out of jail card and they'll know it so self preservation will tell them to back the manager.

Summer is the real test IMO.

Of course.

I didn't watch Newcastle's game for few years, I think in fall 2013 was one of my last matches. Watching matches and following this club in detail like before was waste of time for me. But this is probably last chance I will give, and by 1.9. we will be smarter. Delighted with Rafa coming there, but very careful. 

Loved the post from the Liverpool fan earlier, especially the piece about him getting Ayala to kick players in the shower and start rucks if players weren't performing 100%. It's definitely what we need.

It also makes me hugely optimistic that the captaincy will be taken away from Coloccini sooner rather than later - especially given he probably couldn't be arsed to even lift his leg, let alone kick someone in the shower.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20150610/steve-mcclaren-appointed-head-coach_2281670_4782996

Newcastle United are delighted to announce the appointment of Steve McClaren as the Club's new head coach.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160311/rafa-benitez-confirmed-as-newcastle-manager_2281670_5411873

Newcastle United is delighted to announce the appointment of Rafa Benitez as the Club's new manager.

Where's a grammar nazi when you need one?

I may be getting carried away here, but with this appointment, I can see an end game from Ashley. Much more sellable asset still in the PL with Rafa in charge. This appointment is so unlike him. Full control as manager, big wage, new staff, he'll not be pushed around... All total opposite to what I'd expect. This is a huge move. With only 10 games left? It's all or nothing now. Balls on the table. Hopefully we stay up and then he f***s off. Optimistic I know

We've spent the best part of £80 million to go backwards, spending the same to go forwards would be a no brainer.  Charnley, Carr and Moncur have all screwed up and put their easy jobs at risk, screwing a good manager doesn't make sense and they will know that.

I'll almost guarantee our defence is sorted in the summer if we do stay up.  We'll not be buying more midfielders while we can't score or keep a clean sheet.  Benitez is their potential get out of jail card and they'll know it so self preservation will tell them to back the manager.

I agree. Small thing though; none of NUFC's current crop of midfielders strikes me as having what Benítez looks for in a midfielder (tactical discipline, good conditioning, not afraid of the ball, and then more tactical discipline) so they'll definitely will be in the market for one or two this summer.

I agree. Small thing though; none of NUFC's current crop of midfielders strikes me as having what Benítez looks for in a midfielder (tactical discipline, good conditioning, not afraid of the ball, and then more tactical discipline) so they'll definitely will be in the market for one or two this summer.

We don't know what our current midfielders are capable of when working under a good manager, I think some of them may surprise us over the next few weeks.

Anita and Saivet are the closest IMO.

Sounds like Anita tbh

What if when Pardew went that Benitez was the man they lined up (it was rumoured that he was on the shortlist), but then Real Madrid came in for him. What if all that was the plan and McClaren was the back up guy all along?

Might Stifler have actually been right? :lol:

What if when Pardew went that Benitez was the man they lined up (it was rumoured that he was on the shortlist), but then Real Madrid came in for him. What if all that was the plan and McClaren was the back up guy all along?

Might Stifler have actually been right? :lol:

Nah.. Not buying it for second. :lol: