Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

12801490_10208464733792705_6116622854511285450_n.jpg?oh=ab20888036d01aa686c7a475e4a69796&oe=57988B76

It's only since he became manager of Valencia, but it's encouraging. Also as you can see he's never lost his 2nd game in charge, this time that's the derby.

Those teams weren't shit though.

Aye... :lol:

Actually met him back in Qatar in 2014 During the Italian Super cup, Napoli were staying in our hotel and he was nice enough to take pictures with us, the same night after they won  he came and sat down with us in the restaurant, was pretty down to earth and properly enjoyed his company.

did not see this coming though otherwise i would've given him a few heads ups :lol:

I'm still struggling to get my head around this, like. It's absolutely mental. It's given me back the thing that I thought was lost when it comes to NUFC; hope. Genuinely can't recall anything like this, it seems like we've been starved of any enjoyment for so long.

You a Carpenter?

Discussing our change of manager, Jeff Stelling just spouted "are Newcastle fans expectations too high?"

To be fair Le Tiss shot him down.

Stelling's just playing devil's advocate. Generally speaks fondly of all the clubs in the north east.

Our first insight into how the players feel about this, it's from shelvey.

It’s obviously sad to see Steve go, because he brought me into the Club and I owe so much to him for bringing me to this great football club, but ultimately it didn’t work out for him here.

But we’ve been lucky to get Rafa, because he’s a great organiser of teams, and you hear things from ex-players about how great he is. It’s just an exciting time for the fans and the players to learn more about Rafa Benitez and the way that he wants us to play.

He must think a lot of the Club to come in and take over. He’s been at Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Napoli, Liverpool - he’s been at all these top clubs, and I think it speaks so highly of the stature of this Club for him to take on an opportunity like this.

You see the honours he’s won, and you don’t win those without knowing what you’re doing. He’s a top manager and everyone’s excited in the changing room. It’s like when you go to school for your first day - everyone’s trying to impress the manager, everyone’s in early and in the gym.

It’s exciting to work with someone who’s worked at the top clubs - he was at Real Madrid earlier this season, and that speaks highly of the calibre of the manager he is.

He’ll bring a new lease of life to Newcastle.

The players are excited, and everyone’s excited around the city.

These 10 games will shape the future of this club but I absolutely can't wait to get them started. Fuck, this feels amazing.

Yes, it's going to be an absolute of a disaster if we go down, and I have seen this club shoot themselves in the foot too many times before that I'm worried it's going to happen again.

These 10 games will shape the future of this club but I absolutely can't wait to get them started. f***, this feels amazing.

Wish I didn't just feel terrified!

Enjoy the moment if Rafa cant get this lot at busting a gut no one can..................feel the hope

Discussing our change of manager, Jeff Stelling just spouted "are Newcastle fans expectations too high?"

To be fair Le Tiss shot him down.

Stelling's just playing devil's advocate. Generally speaks fondly of all the clubs in the north east.

Yeah, definitely.  Was at a talk in with him and he was very complimentary about the fans up here.  Was particularly brutal when talking about Ashley.

Guest Flanacan

Liverpool fan in peace here.

Glad to see he's received such an excited welcome, a few years back he was tipped for the Villa job and they were absolutely disgusting towards him. Joke perhaps on them now.  :snod:

If your owner (ha?) can allow him to build a proper project then it could be a rosy future, he'll have a lot of input in all aspects of the club such as the youth system etc. But I have to say he's entered into another club with troublesome owners, he knows how to pick em :)

Anyway goodluck, hope you guys stay up. He was responsible for the finest period of our history in my lifetime  O0

Liverpool fan in peace here.

Glad to see he's received such an excited welcome, a few years back he was tipped for the Villa job and they were absolutely disgusting towards him. Joke perhaps on them now.  :snod:

If your owner (ha?) can allow him to build a proper project then it could be a rosy future, he'll have a lot of input in all aspects of the club such as the youth system etc. But I have to say he's entered into another club with troublesome owners, he knows how to pick em :)

Anyway goodluck, hope you guys stay up. He was responsible for the finest period of our history in my lifetime  O0

What was that about?

The next 2 games will determine whether we'll be OK or whether it'll be squeaky bum time until the end of the season. It's clear that the players are keen to impress and, equally, that McClaren couldn't motivate them. If they get their shit together, we could be catching up with Swansea and Palace