Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

They say that the training ground is not that big compared to other Premier League clubs and he wants to concentrate on those players that will be involved in the next few games so maybe their presence is an unwanted distraction.

He probably can't believe how they are being coached so out of sight, out of mind and something to worry about in the future if he is still here!

Supposedly he did the same thing when Liverpool manager, not sure the reasoning behind it.

I suspect it's so the younger players cannot be in the way / a distraction and the players can be gathered in which ever the part of the facilities they need to be in. For example, in the gym area it means everything is available and none of the bairns are on the equipment. Balls flying across the pitch during drills, etc due to misplaced passes.

Another theory is that he's kicking arse a bit and doesn't want any of it getting back / out and / or demotivating the kids.

Don't want to question his motives. The club  is a mess from top to bottom. Let Rafa try and use his experience and try to fix it within the time he is here. If it doesn't work out and we get relegated, the club can start to fuck themselves again and I couldn't care less then.

Considering how he revamped the youth system when he was at Liverpool i doubt he hates the kids :lol: It's whatever IMO, do whatever you gotta do to make sure you stay up.

That's all that matters right now.

He did revamp the youth system which was, at the time, run by Steve Heighway. 

We have The Academy at Liverpool which was built purposely in a different part of the area, so as to keep all youth teams learning and training together, and Melwood was kept solely for the training of the first team.  The Academy covers 56 acres and houses full size pitches, smaller pitches and indoor pitches.  It actually covers everything a youth training centre should have from academic classes to sports classes.  Once Rafa took it over he brought in top coaches to train the players in the way he wanted them to play in the first team.  Every level was taught to play in the same way so that they could step up when needed without a lot of adjustment. He wanted a stand built at The Academy so that supporters could come and watch the team and build a bond with the youths, that one never came to fruition unfortunately.  He would invite promising youths to train at Melwood with the senior teams for a week, which was good for the youngsters esteem, maybe that's what he wants at Newcastle.

How many of our players are off for international duty? Glad that he has most of the squad with him for 2 weeks.

Just three isn't it?

Excluding Janmaat now so Gini, Sissoko and Mitro? Am I right? Hope he and the players can really prepare for the final run in now.

Supposedly he did the same thing when Liverpool manager, not sure the reasoning behind it.

I think it's cos he does a lot of game-specific preparation (certainly he does for important games). Not a whole lot of benefit for the kids in preparing for games they ain't going to be playing in.

How many of our players are off for international duty? Glad that he has most of the squad with him for 2 weeks.

Just three isn't it?

Excluding Janmaat now so Gini, Sissoko and Mitro? Am I right? Hope he and the players can really prepare for the final run in now.

Think Rob Elliott is in our squad too, not 100% on that though

Just three isn't it?

Think Rob Elliott is in our squad too, not 100% on that though

You're right.  Elliot is away with Ireland and Aarons is with England U21's.

Just three isn't it?

I doubt Mitrovic will be going away if he has to get his head checked this week?